2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Down Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Down Pipe

What down pipe are yall running? What if any gains are made? I'm debating on putting one on my car. I don't want to change the exhaust system just to get rid of stock dp with the cat to either Hahn, ZZP or Clear Image catless DP
Old 08-28-2009, 02:44 PM
XXL

Please run a CAT.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM

I probly will run one with a cat after talking to some Cobalt SS guys about it. One guy was saying his seem to run better with one with a cat and others were talking about poping noises without a cat. Anyone have any experience with changing out the stock DP on the HHR's? Any gains to be had ie quick spool, sound, hp increase?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Wih NO cat you'll be sounding like any modded SRT-4 out there. Granted I Love that sound, but I'm sure it gets tiring after a while, especially coming home after late night runs at 2 or 3am... Nevermind being eye-candy for every cop out there w/ a radar gun too... Run a cat in the 3" DP of your choice, tree frogs in Malaysia will thank you!

Later
Allex
Old 08-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Banned

I have a catless downpipe on mine and love the sound. YOu can hear the turbo so muchbetter and it spools a lot quicker as well. Whether you go catted or catless is up to you but i love the way mine sounds. And i went through ADM for my exhaust
Old 08-29-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
I have a catless downpipe on mine and love the sound. YOu can hear the turbo so muchbetter and it spools a lot quicker as well. Whether you go catted or catless is up to you but i love the way mine sounds. And i went through ADM for my exhaust
Can you post a direct sounds clip (not the dyno pull) at the rear of your car. I'd like to hear the difference a catless makes. Another member just did the catted hahn DP and exhaust. It'd be great to compare.

Does it put out a smell that some complain about with catless? How much louder is it now?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned

You gotta give me a few days for the soundclip cus I just broke my camera. But yeah it does put out the unburnt fuel smell but to me it smells like candy haha. And its a lot louder then stock
Old 08-30-2009, 04:02 PM

I have the stock exhaust but gutted the cats. Even with the stock exhaust it sputters between gears and lets out a nice little pop every now and then when down shifting. I like it though so I personally will probably go cat less when I upgrade my exhaust. And I agree, the fuel smell is amazing, so so sweet.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 PM

Hahn catted DP and exhaust guy here! Quicker turbo spool, check, 23-24psi pulls to redline CHECK. Lovin the Hahn exhaust I ordered from TTR + Stage kit? Definitely!!

Later
Allex

Last edited by asanti; 08-31-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
Originally Posted by asanti
Hahn catted DP and exhaust guy here! Quicker turbo spool, check, 23-24psi pulls to redline CHECK. Lovin the Hahn + Stage kit? Definitely!!

Later
Allex
You were the one I mentioned above Allex. I am hoping to hear some clips of your car and Bart's. To hear the catted vs. catless. (I know he has an ADM exhaust vs. your Hahn). I don't want TOO loud and I am curious to hear the difference. Plus I'd like to hear the Hahn dp and exhaust in a number of situation regardless as I might purchase them this week.

Quick Reply: Down Pipe