2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Down Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by asanti
Hahn catted DP and exhaust guy here! Quicker turbo spool, check, 23-24psi pulls to redline CHECK. Lovin the Hahn exhaust I ordered from TTR + Stage kit? Definitely!!

Later
Allex
Thanks again!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

I say hahn is way overpriced but that's just my 2 cents. I paid 200 for my downpipe and it does its job
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
As far as I know CIA and ZZP also use the angled O2 to prevent CEL's, Hahn may have originally made it that way, but thank god for borrowed ideas to give us more choices and vendors to compete with each other or we would be paying 500 for a down pipe
Meh, I trust Hahn, and found what I needed on their site. I've never heard of ADM (though that may be because I'm new to HHR's and this site); I went to CIA's site and saw absolutely nothing regarding an exhaust for an HHR SS. Their work does look to be quality I agree, but if I can't find what I'm looking for on your website I'm going elsewhere. Besides, going from ordering the exhaust at Turbotech racing's site and getting it installed a literal WEEK later is icing on the cake and worth the extra few bucks to me

Later
Allex
Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
...the angled O2 to prevent CEL's, Hahn may have originally made it that way...
Shielding sensors is not a new or unique idea. Hahn appears to have done a good job with placement on his downpipe, but he doesn't get credit for invention here.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
Meh, I trust Hahn, and found what I needed on their site. I've never heard of ADM (though that may be because I'm new to HHR's and this site); I went to CIA's site and saw absolutely nothing regarding an exhaust for an HHR SS. Their work does look to be quality I agree, but if I can't find what I'm looking for on your website I'm going elsewhere. Besides, going from ordering the exhaust at Turbotech racing's site and getting it installed a literal WEEK later is icing on the cake and worth the extra few bucks to me

Later
Allex
Asanti thats because you didn't know the cobalt SS/TC down pipe is a direct bolt on for the HHR SS. NO big deal I found out the other day myself.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

Yup our car the the SS/TC cobalt are the exact same under the hood except for the intake and the downpipe is a direct bolton. We even have the same chasis. And if u wanna spend the $500 on a downpipe be my guest.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 PM

Well I've already spent the money and had it installed, so it matters little to me who paid how much for what brand. When I posted up looking to find out about the hahn vs magnaflow exhausts the only person who gave me a link to any other manufacturer pointed me towards CIA (sorry bro, I've no clue what your screen name is right now but thank you for trying to help me). I've yet to see a site for ADM or any other manufacturer everyone else is touting to be cheaper and the same quality. I'd love to get a link to that Crazysteve intercooler you have listed in your sig as I'll admit the Hahn piece is sex to look at but I don't have the cash right this second (otherwise I'd have it already). Regardless let's not bash one manufacturer over another and just be glad we have quality products being put out for our platforms PERIOD. I didn't come on here to start a flame war or a "I spent $XXX less than you for better product" war; I joined up here to learn more about the potential of my SS, and exploit it to it's fullest in a positive way. That being said, I love my exhaust for what it is: relatively QUIET and it keeps my SS as the semi-sleeper I want it to be. Do I like the loud, barking exhausts I've seen on youtube for our cars? Absolutely! But not in my ride lol. Happy modding peeps!

Later
Allex
Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM

Not suppose to provide links to vendors unless they are supported, I think. But I sent you a couple of pm's with links along with the inter cooler link.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
Yup our car the the SS/TC cobalt are the exact same under the hood except for the intake and the downpipe is a direct bolton. We even have the same chasis. And if u wanna spend the $500 on a downpipe be my guest.
What about the charged air pipes? They are the same according to GM but what about the Hahn and others? It looks as if they sell them as different kits but all the items from the general are the same part numbers. Just would like to know for sure incase I ever come across someone selling one for the TC Cobalt SS
Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

Yeah the intercooler piping is the the same bro

Quick Reply: Down Pipe