2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
The differences do not have anything to do with the clutches. The differences are due to the FWD driveline vs the RWD driveline capabilities.

We all really appreciate your continued support in answering our questions.

But in this case I think there is more here than you are able to admit. Too many of us are having issues with slipping clutches when using tunes that produce substantial torque; ie 320+ at the wheels that there certinally seems to be a weak link in the clutch.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Everytime I try to look up canandian prices it tells me "You're a Hoser"? Eh? Whats up with that?
ChevyMgr, excuse us canadians...It's the beer,eh!
Old 12-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
The differences do not have anything to do with the clutches. The differences are due to the FWD driveline vs the RWD driveline capabilities.
That makes sense. Since this platform is relatively new, I'm not sure how big a knowledgebase there is regarding the durability of the halfshafts under high stress. Built GTO's are blowing the rear outer CV cages and twisting stub axles relatively easily, and this type of failure is far more dangerous on a FWD car. Losing one halfshaft at WOT gives a whole new definition to torque steer.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:09 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by mistermike
Losing one halfshaft at WOT gives a whole new definition to torque steer.
Just make sure you have your signal on before you turn.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by XXL
Just make sure you have your signal on before you turn.

LMFAO
Old 12-22-2008, 08:33 AM

OK, it's been a few days since I have posted, we have had blizzards here in Western Michigan and I have been snowed in. I had my kit installed last Wednesday and other than a minor wiring issue the install was straight forward. I got to drive about 350 miles on Thursday and during normal driving didn't really notice much of a difference in power. The kit is VERY street-able. It's when you get on it that you notice. I don't really feel much of a difference until it hits about 3,000 RPM, then you really feel the torque! I broke loose in 3rd gear on the little bit of dry pavement I could find!!

Bottom line is that the kit adds noticeable power, but doesn't effect the drive-ability of the car at all.

Great job Bill.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by mistermike
That makes sense. Since this platform is relatively new, I'm not sure how big a knowledgebase there is regarding the durability of the halfshafts under high stress. Built GTO's are blowing the rear outer CV cages and twisting stub axles relatively easily, and this type of failure is far more dangerous on a FWD car. Losing one halfshaft at WOT gives a whole new definition to torque steer.
the axels were a problem on the cobalt ss/sc and ion redlines, and wheelhop.
That poblem was fixed with the neww ss hhr and the new cobalt ss/tc no wheelhop and way bette axels, now the problem is the f35 tranny thats in all the cobalts and hhr,its only rated at 320hp and 320tq... But people have been making well over that without issues.. just gm can't produce a kit under warranty if it exceeds the limitations of the car..

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 12-23-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Admin edit
Old 12-22-2008, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
OK, it's been a few days since I have posted, we have had blizzards here in Western Michigan and I have been snowed in. I had my kit installed last Wednesday and other than a minor wiring issue the install was straight forward. I got to drive about 350 miles on Thursday and during normal driving didn't really notice much of a difference in power. The kit is VERY street-able. It's when you get on it that you notice. I don't really feel much of a difference until it hits about 3,000 RPM, then you really feel the torque! I broke loose in 3rd gear on the little bit of dry pavement I could find!!

Bottom line is that the kit adds noticeable power, but doesn't effect the drive-ability of the car at all.

Great job Bill.

P.S. although it's been very cold here I have seen 22 psi of boost!!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:46 PM

Please Make Sure Your Technician Follows The Pin Out Pictures Of The Sensors And Does Not Try To Follow The Color Of The Wires. The HHR SS Wire Colors Are Different From The Instructions. The Sensor Pin Out Pictures Are Correct In The Instructions. A Bulletin To This Is Being Sent Out To All Dealers.

Bill
Old 12-22-2008, 04:52 PM

I should have mine done in a few days. I always said you need to keep up with trends and new products.
I pride myself on being a Chevrolet Service Manager really "in touch" with our product.

Thanks Bill.......and to think, Charles over at Brand Quality HHR told me that nothing like this was coming down the pipe.

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit