2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Just pulled the trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS
WOW! Drive home from the dealership was exciting. This thing has a lot more low end torque. Didn't really get to open her up but I know the power is there. I also notice the turbo was alot more noticable when spooling. It grabbed a couple of people's attention in the other lanes. Didn't really monitor boost but when I did check it a couple of times. I saw spikes of 19, which seems good considering the inlet air was between 91-95 the whole way home. I can't wait till I go to work tomorrow when my inlets have been around 68-73 the past couple of days. Man I thought I'd never say that. By the way, cost to install was 173 and some change. Well I'm going to grab a bit to eat, cut the grass, wash and shoot some photos of the SS tonight.

Dave
You are now a full fledged member and all know what your are feeling.

Like have said it is not the fastest car I have ever driven or owned but it is one hell of a fun car to drive and all out of only 2.0. It is amazing.

The real amazing thing is how much power is gained with such little money and it is under warranty.

Technology is good!

I find the 60's and high humidity are the sweet conditions.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 PM

I'm glad Mike was helpfull. Keep his number in mind if you need anything. He's a great asset that just happens to be within 5 mins of my place.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
You are now a full fledged member and all know what your are feeling.

Like have said it is not the fastest car I have ever driven or owned but it is one hell of a fun car to drive and all out of only 2.0. It is amazing.

The real amazing thing is how much power is gained with such little money and it is under warranty.

Technology is good!

I find the 60's and high humidity are the sweet conditions.
Hyperv6 - Do you have a auto or 5 speed?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy2
Hyperv6 - Do you have a auto or 5 speed?
I own an Auto with the Turbo Upgrade.

But I have also driven 5 speeds with and without the Upgrade so my observations are from first hand drives.

The 5 speed upgrade did not feel like it picked up as much at the low end as the Auto upgrade but it still feel stronger than the stock 5 speed. At least in the ones I drove.

The Auto picks up a lot more since it was lacking to begin with in the lower gears.

I saw bigger gains with fast boost spool up at part throttle. getting to 12-14 PSI or higher came up at part throttle much faster and easier than on the stock set up. I know on the stock set up you have to keep in it hard to see 15 at WOT. I would hit this number at part throttle with the engine under a load.

More Torque more HP post here often and he might be able to give us better details on the power bands. He knows the Turbo Upgrade better than anyone. Maybe he will drop in on some details. Check out his old post as they are a great place to find really good info on the upgrade.

Either way I still give the 5 sp a slight edge with the upgrade over the Auto as the tranny is always in the gear you want. The Auto sometimes will shift not when you want it up or down. It may be part of the torque management programing, I am not sure? Either way you can control the boost easier with the manual.

I have talked to a guy with the Solstice with the 240 FT LB and he was just crazy over it. I would love to see how that one feels. I can only imagine witht he RWD in that car how it would feel.