2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Looking for a dealer to install stage kit in MI

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 AM

Looking for a dealer to install stage kit in MI

I want to add the stage kit to my SS, so does my neighbor. After reading the (expected) horror stories of dealer overcharge and screwing up the install (also expected), I am looking for a recommendation of a dealer I can go to to get the stage kit installed.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in South East Michigan that did it right?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by monster5601
I want to add the stage kit to my SS, so does my neighbor. After reading the (expected) horror stories of dealer overcharge and screwing up the install (also expected), I am looking for a recommendation of a dealer I can go to to get the stage kit installed.

I'm waiting for that also. Who in SE Michigan is going to be the first to step up?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 AM

Kit Install

Originally Posted by monster5601

I heard that Rinke Chevrolet in Warren is installing one this week. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:06 AM

Kit install in SE Michigan

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
I heard that Rinke Chevrolet in Warren is installing one this week. I will let you know how it goes.
Rinke install is delayed due to the kit being back ordered
Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
Rinke install is delayed due to the kit being back ordered
Thanks, please let me know when they get one done. (That's where I bought mine. It also needs to go back for a LF tire that keeps losing air as well.)
Old 01-14-2009, 06:24 AM

Okay guys, I will step up! I was finally cleared through the wife after telling her about the "increased mileage" and she has OKAYED it. I am giong to order it this week and have it installed when it comes in. I will be getting mine done at Les Stanford in Dearborn. I used to work there so I am getting a deal on installation. He is really questioning me on this 1 hour thing though. SO once I can confirm that do this without a hitch, I will let you guys know.

Last edited by Razz2o4; 01-14-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Location
Old 01-14-2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Razz2o4
Okay guys, I will step up! I was finally cleared through the wife after telling her about the "increased mileage" and she has OKAYED it. I am giong to order it this week and have it installed when it comes in. I will be getting mine done at Les Stanford in Dearborn. I used to work there so I am getting a deal on installation. He is really questioning me on this 1 hour thing though. SO once I can confirm that do this without a hitch, I will let you guys know.
And we have a winner

Let us know how it works out. I may still wait for Rinke though. Maybe we should start some threads that are a sticky that have names, phone numbers, and contacts of the different dealers that have successfully done this upgrade. On the same token start one that indicated the ones to avoid as well. No bashing or flaming of the "less the experienced" one’s mind you, be nice.

The tech who installed Yonash stage kit joined and gave his explanation of why it took so long and why here, https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...2&postcount=34. That was pretty standup, be nice to the guy he's trying to make it better unfortunately Yonash was the first.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 PM

I will probably try and order tonight and take it in as soon as the parts arrive. I will keep you posted. If they turn out to do a good job I would deffinately recomend them. They may even give the price they are giving me if I refer some people to them. I am going to take some of the extra bullitens to them as well so the have the extra info.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Razz2o4
I will probably try and order tonight and take it in as soon as the parts arrive. I will keep you posted. If they turn out to do a good job I would deffinately recomend them. They may even give the price they are giving me if I refer some people to them. I am going to take some of the extra bullitens to them as well so the have the extra info.
I would suggest you take everything you can find if it's the first they have done. I have a PDF of the correct wiring if you need it, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:50 PM

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered the stage kit tonight so as soon as we get it in, it will be installed.

By the way, the boss wanted me to let you guys know, its for HER car. Not sure why she had to rub it in my face though.

Quick Reply: Looking for a dealer to install stage kit in MI