2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Stage 1 Install CT/MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mowgli
Seems like it'll take that long to sell my stinking GSX.
Has he done any stage 1 upgrades on HHRs yet?
he said he did one on a cobalt ss, but i am thinking it was a supercharged stage 1. now that the cobalt TC/SS upgrade is out, they probably have done some, as I see a few Cobalt TC/SS around.

Like I said, I'll have them do it the end of next month
Old 07-03-2009, 08:41 PM

It must be the Supercharger stage kit. The only Chevy turbo Stage Kit out is for the hhr SS 08/09. The turbo cobalt SS stage kit is still waiting for release.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 AM
00prowler

I had Gengras Chevrolet do it...265.00 but I do live in CT and that price shoud be expected here....Looks like a job well done...Bakes the tires really well.... and really woke her up...Pulls way harder than stock...K&N intake and filter, Turbotech rear sway bar later this week...Al

Last edited by 00prowler; 07-08-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 AM
00prowler

For 815.00 it is a major performance gain...Al

Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM

Just following up, did you have to have this "brake fix" done also????
Old 07-30-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Redface
I can recommend Simon. They have experience doing installs I was their first back in December. They did a good job and know what to expect.
Hey Mr. Redface

Now that it's been many moons since the install have any issues shown up?

Anyone else have a stage kit installed at Simon?
I just won the stage 1 auction on Epay so wahoo! it's time to make an appointment.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 AM

Hey Mr. Redface

Now that it's been many moons since the install have any issues shown up?

Anyone else have a stage kit installed at Simon?
I just won the stage 1 auction on Epay so wahoo! it's time to make an appointment.
I had it done the end of last year and it was their first install. It took a couple of days to complete as my car hit all of the gotcha's (instructions / sensor clearance) They went thru offical paths to log the issues with GM for the next install so that made it take a little longer. But I was only charged 2 hours labor for the install and had a free loaner.

I have put 15,000+ miles on the upgrade but funny you should mention how its going within the last month I have started to have Boost/limp mode problems. The car has thrown the P0236 code 3 times. I have boost surging issues also but only now and then. Its been in the shop 1 time so far and they cleared the code but my issue comes and goes. So at that point when it was at the dealer (Sat over night) it was running to spec. I wanted to get it back there this week but I'm going on vacation for the next 2 weeks so I have to wait. I thinking of getting a ODBII logger to capture the surging/hesitation around 1.4-2.4 lb boost point. I beginning to think it only happens when I get lower on gas, 99% load on the engine and the AC on. If the car sits over night all is well the next morning. I had limp mode twice once boost would only go to 0 lbs and once it would only go to 4.7 lbs. These come and goes issues are the worst to get fixed.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Mr. Redface - How's it running now?
Did Simon straighten it out?

I just spoke with Vance at Simon and he will charge straight-time.
No thank you Vance.

Anybody recommend anyone else with Stage kit install experience in New England?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 01:37 PM

Mr. Redface - How's it running now?
Did Simon straighten it out?

I just spoke with Vance at Simon and he will charge straight-time.
No thank you Vance.

Anybody recommend anyone else with Stage kit install experience in New England?

Thanks
Check with 00Prowler. He had his done @ Gengras in Hartford CT. I might consider them once I get my Stage Kit ordered.

Later
Allex
Old 08-04-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by 00prowler
I had Gengras Chevrolet do it...265.00 but I do live in CT and that price shoud be expected here....Looks like a job well done...Bakes the tires really well.... and really woke her up...Pulls way harder than stock...K&N intake and filter, Turbotech rear sway bar later this week...Al
So how is it holding up?

I have an appointment in Newberg, NY for Thursday morning for 2.0 hours labor.
Hartford is almost 2 hours closer so 4 hours less driving is looking pretty good.
The local dealers are on crack so I'll drive where I need to to get it done right.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 Install CT/MA