2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Stage 1 w/ no problems???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 PM

Stage 1 w/ no problems???

Ok, so several people have said they had different problems with the Stage 1 install, but how many people have had NO PROBLEMS with it? I've been thinking I'd get this upgrade toward the end of this year, but now enough people have had strange problems that I'm second-guessing it... I asked about it at the dealership today and the guy didn't even know there had been a "stage 1" kit made for the turbos, only knew of the supercharged one.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Founding Member

Installed four kits. 3 automatics and 1 manual and none have ever been back for any problems relating to the install or the kit itself.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM

Ok, so on top of still hearing from guys with no problems, of the guys that HAVE had problems on here have they all been related to something the "installer" did improperly??? Obviously we woudn't be saying something bad about any given dealer, but just that the kit itself isn't problematic.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM

mine has been back to the dealer 4 times for a re-flash of the program...
Old 08-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Couple of factors you need to consider when asking people if they had problems with the Stage 1 Kit.

The first would be if the shop installing it knew what the hell they were doing. Several members here have had absolute no problems and short install times due to knowledgable servicemen. The second question is what other kind of modifications have members done. Not sure if this would any way contribute to problems with the Stage Kit but would be something I would take into consideration.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 PM

yes sir Hillsdale the other modifications do factor it in...ALOT.... I have modded mine extensively now.....But to each their own...
Old 08-12-2009, 01:15 AM

Hillsdale, that is EXACTLY why I'm asking this question. I was curious to see if there were any specific trends among those with the problems. I knew it seemed like a few actually had "mishaps" by the installer, but it didn't seem that everyone was that way. If those with problems would please continue to chime in it'd be cool!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 AM

My issues were the MAP sensor blew out of the tube and the Map sensor was hitting the AC compressor.

Both where issues from my accident. They bolted the intercooler back just a hair farther than it was originally and it made the new Map sensor hit the AC. Adjusting the IC fixed it.

The intake tube blew out but it was a replacment part. It was a early made part that the plastic weld let go as it was not welded properly. Odd and rare thing.

Both issues were not of the stage kit nor the techs doings. It was all related to the dealer body shop and what they did was fine because I did not have the stage kit at the time they mounted the IC. The dealer fixed it under warranty and it was not a problem.

If I had not been run off the road in the first place none of these issues would have happened.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 AM

I've had no problems with the install nor the stage 1 kit itself and have since done extensive mods as you can see below, still no problems. From what I've read in the posts of others it appears install is #1 be it bad wire connection, unit hitting another object or just the fact the installer had little or no knowledge of what he or she was doing, haven't heard about bad sensor or bad down loads, so my best advice to you and anyone doing this upgrade please search out the right tech for the job even if you have to drive 100 mi to have it installed as I did. Hope this helps
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM

Mine was installed in May and no problems with install at all.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 w/ no problems???