2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

stage kit-turbo upgrade issue-help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM

stage kit-turbo upgrade issue-help

I had my stage kit installed for my HHR SS last week and have driven a couple of times. I parked the car after work this morning, and went to leave this evening again for work but the car wouldn't start. It clicked and the dash lights flickered. I tried a couple times and nothing, just a click click. When I exited and went to lock the doors, they locked slowly and the horn sounded very faint. I'm wondering if anyone might know if just a boost will help, or if this could be a problem related to loose wiring done by my GM install of the sensors for the stage kit. Any help would be appreciated before I go home in the morning and try to fix this, or use my road side assistance card. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:37 PM

maybe they disconnected the battery when they did the upgrade and the connection is loose.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:12 AM

sounds like a low battery. mine did it when I had the hatch open too long doing other mods. Charge it back up and keep going.
Make sure the rear lite is set correctly.It has a always on switch position, a door on and a always off.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 PM

battery?

well today I had some time before work to check things out. I boosted the battery from the front terminals and it started up, drove it for 10 minutes came home and turned the car off, then tried to start again, and it was dead. Tried boosting again from the front, but it seemed like it wasn't charging. I checked the battery and to my surprize, the positive terminal had all kinds of battery acid caked over the terminal and connector. I cleaned that up, and this time decided to charge the battery directly since it was now exposed. After leaving the cables hooked up for about a half hour with my wife's vehicle running, mine started up no problem. I kept it running for a half hour then came to work this evening. I"ll see in the morning if its gonna start or not. Either way, i'll be on my way to wait until the dealership opens. My positive terminal connector is loose despite me tightening it as much as i could. I'm wondering that since it wiggles a bit, if that is what is causing the battery acid to be leaking out, which possibly inhibited a good connection.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 PM

My battery in my SS died and even started leaking and had to be replaced, along with the matting in the spare wheel well area. I kept jumping mine and it would die a short time later. Ran fine which led me to believe the alternator was fine and it was strictly a battery issue. The first time I took it in they said everything was fine and just charged the battery some, then a few days later it died again. I called them and told them it was dead and that I had seen some liquid on the battery and staining on the matting (which was all there when I took it in the first time) and they hauled it in.