2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Superchips impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 PM

think I almost got your ss on ebay. u took it off & sold cobalt. I bought 1 a ss off of net. now have 2 ss's.I'm 67 not quite your age but getting there this is for dchris 1918

Last edited by mountainman; 08-09-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: not clear who I was replying to
Old 08-10-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
Someone thinks they have a better tune.
This isn't a competition between tunes.

For anyone that wants max power or more customizability, there's better tunes than Superchips and I've already said that. The Superchips tune is cheap, easy, has very nice results, and lets you keep the tuner that can be used to re-flash at any time or diagnose/clear codes and do data logging. It's a good option to have, and competition makes for better products all around.

Some of you guys really do seem childish
Old 08-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Programmer
This isn't a competition between tunes.

For anyone that wants max power or more customizability, there's better tunes than Superchips and I've already said that. The Superchips tune is cheap, easy, has very nice results, and lets you keep the tuner that can be used to re-flash at any time or diagnose/clear codes and do data logging. It's a good option to have, and competition makes for better products all around.

Some of you guys really do seem childish

I would call it a better route to take than the stage 1 from gm since it saves you all the headaches and trips back and forth to the dealership for the hack job they do to your car.

I was thrilled with my tune, stuck it on the car, uploaded it in a few minutes and it has been trouble free since. I do think that is the best route for those that do not have the time to spend at the dealership in the waiting room lol.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by 06AmethystHHR
I would call it a better route to take than the stage 1 from gm since it saves you all the headaches and trips back and forth to the dealership for the hack job they do to your car.

I was thrilled with my tune, stuck it on the car, uploaded it in a few minutes and it has been trouble free since. I do think that is the best route for those that do not have the time to spend at the dealership in the waiting room lol.
To be fair, some GM stage 1 installs are totally trouble-free, and I'd rather have a perfectly working GM upgrade than my Superchips tune.

But the Stage 1 upgrade would cost me almost $1000 CDN after installation, and I don't trust my only local dealership to do a good install.

I'm getting pretty close to the same results as the GM kit with less time and money spent. I may be giving up some warranty coverage but... I'll take my chances with that for the up-front cost & time savings
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM

im going back and forth between the gm tuner kit and the superchips kit, im not sure what to get, what is the upside to getting the gm tuner as apposed to the superchips tuner?
Old 04-07-2011, 01:44 AM

Its car specific and retains warrenty
Old 04-07-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyGuySS
im going back and forth between the gm tuner kit and the superchips kit, im not sure what to get, what is the upside to getting the gm tuner as apposed to the superchips tuner?
IgottaWoody is correct.

also, superchips is fail.

if you're not too worried about the warranty..... i know a bunch of really good tuners down in Florida i can refer you to. what part of FL are you in?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
IgottaWoody is correct.

also, superchips is fail.

if you're not too worried about the warranty..... i know a bunch of really good tuners down in Florida i can refer you to. what part of FL are you in?
I've tried both the SuperChips tune and the Trifecta tune, and while the Trifecta tune is faster, the SuperChips tune feels really strong as well. The low-mid range response feels better with SuperChips, so it's nice around town. Once you really get moving though in 3rd gear and beyond, the Trifecta tune pulls harder.

If you can get a SuperChips tuner for cheap, you'd probably be quite happy with it. It's pretty comparable to the GM Stg1 tune for example, with less hassles and cost, but no warranty. For ultimate power, a custom tune is the way to go.