2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Surprise!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 07:21 PM

Surprise!

well, shipping tracker said it would be here Friday, then it said it got delayed, so expect it Monday. Friday evening, i hear my sister yell from the kitchen "UPS truck is here" so i look at my dad, ask him what he ordered now (he's always upgrading his computer and stuff), he says nothing, and i know all i'm expecting is my exhaust from ADM. surprise! my cat-back is here! pictures and a couple video clips coming soon, gotta take the time to resize and upload and such. got it all installed, pretty easy too. ended up just taking a sawz-all to my stock cat-back right in front of the rear suspension since it's all one piece form the downpipe to the tip. gotta say, i love the sound, and the fitment is spectacular! took a little Never-Dull to the tip to clean it up nice and shiny, and it sounds wonderful! not all ricey, just a healthy tone, and moderate volume. haven't gone out of town yet since install, so i don't know about possible drone at higher speeds, but in town it's just noticable inside while driving. behind the car, it's just a lovely deep sound.

ADM, wonderful cat-back!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:36 PM

I think I speak for all of us SS owners when I say, Video clip now! :)

Can't wait to hear it!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:46 PM

working on uploading vids as i type, and pics just went into the gallery. though, advanced notice, i don't have any cameras that are super great with sound, but my video clips don't sound too bad. i will try to find a friend with a better camera for sound, and get a little acceleration video going. my vids are of the exhaust off, just the cats (had to do it lol, sounds INCREDIBLE), and the new exhaust, since we all pretty much know what they sound like now with the stock exhaust.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:50 PM

stock exhaust:

stock vs ADM:

installed:

the muffler itself:

at the flange:

and this i just love lol:

pic credits go to my fiancee, which can be seen in the reflection on the door in at least one of the videos. she loves taking pics, so i usually let her take care of that part. gotta say though, the install would have taken forever without her help. she may not be a mechanic, or even know too much about cars, but her aid with holding lights and wiggling exhaust hangers off posts and such, is utterly invaluable.

vids will be posted as soon as they're done uploading.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:56 PM

hurry hurry hurry
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 PM

videos are in!

this one was taken halfway through the install, when there was no exhaust under there. wish i had a camera that could capture the sound better, it sounds amazing! and it is quite loud.
have a watch here

and this one is with the cat-back installed. sounds really good for what this camera is capable of, so keep that in mind.
you be the judge
Old 08-10-2008, 08:03 PM

So on the SS there is no resonator or is just really small?
Old 08-10-2008, 08:04 PM

it's just small. look at the first pic, that's the stock exhaust. see the little bulge near the flange end? yeah, that's it. more of a resonating growth, or a tumor lol.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:05 PM

how much for the cat back?

sounds f'n sweet man!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:09 PM

Man the resonator on the non SS HHRs are huge.

Quick Reply: Surprise!