2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Are these mods/bolt-ons worth the money??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 AM

On a side note have Vince turn down your boost to 24-25 psi tops
The GMS1 is putting out 24 psi which is great....but when I turn the Trifecta on...is when it hits the 26-27 PSI.....and thats when it becomes insane. Vince said it was running absolutely perfect with a few adjustments after I logged a few datalogs. So....those exta lbs of boost aren't making a difference in power?

As far as the intercooler upgrade...as for now...I'm not sure it's going to be worth the extra $759.00....that's alot of money...and if it doesn't do alot...then it's just not worth it. If I could get maybe another 30 h.p. with the catless downpipe and the IC upgrade....then I would do it. But from what I'm seeing so far....I wouldn't be gaining anything close to that.

Seems like the only advantage with the IC upgrade...is that the ends won't bust because they are metal and that it will support a ton of power if you can get some major power out of it
Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by KissMy08SS
The GMS1 is putting out 24 psi which is great....but when I turn the Trifecta on...is when it hits the 26-27 PSI.....and thats when it becomes insane. Vince said it was running absolutely perfect with a few adjustments after I logged a few datalogs. So....those exta lbs of boost aren't making a difference in power?

As far as the intercooler upgrade...as for now...I'm not sure it's going to be worth the extra $759.00....that's alot of money...and if it doesn't do alot...then it's just not worth it. If I could get maybe another 30 h.p. with the catless downpipe and the IC upgrade....then I would do it. But from what I'm seeing so far....I wouldn't be gaining anything close to that.

Seems like the only advantage with the IC upgrade...is that the ends won't bust because they are metal and that it will support a ton of power if you can get some major power out of it
like i said the ic isn't gonna give you extra power but it will allow you to keep the power that you already make instead of losing it to heat soak. go out and make several pulls back to back and you will notice it is losing power. i lost 30whp after my 3rd pull on the dyno...hell i lost like 15-20whp on my 2nd pull....wish i could find that dyno sheet

but i understand what you are saying. you want to see a gain for your $$$ and everyone wants that. i spent a long time trying to decide what i was gonna do first...ic, piping, dp, exhaust, etc, and finally said f it and got an intake, dp, ic, piping, hp tuners all at once. i wanted to see a gain too but i knew that my gain didn't mean squat if i made a couple pulls and power was down 8-10% due to heat soak
Old 10-28-2011, 11:17 AM

That makes sense silverSS. So...here is the question: Do you think it's worth the money to upgrade to the bigger intercooler?

It's weird...because now that you mention it....thinking back, after running the car hard a few times...it did seem to lack alot of power after each pull...especially when I was datalogging
Old 10-28-2011, 11:26 AM

That makes sense silverSS. So...here is the question: Do you think it's worth the money to upgrade to the bigger intercooler?

It's weird...because now that you mention it....thinking back, after running the car hard a few times...it did seem to lack alot of power after each pull...especially when I was datalogging
i personally think it is worth it. an ic alone new is only about 350 which isn't bad. i have a treadstone tr10 which i don't recommend because it required modifications to the brackets and crash bar to fit......but i consistently log within about 5* of ambient unless im at adle, then it will go up. im gonna try and log this weekend and see what iat's the stock ic logs after multiple pulls.

it is all about what you want to do and what is most important to you. not everyone has the money to just dump on all the parts they want at one time..i certainly don't...so it is just a matter of that you are looking to do and what you want out of the car.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:28 AM

it did seem to lack alot of power after each pull...especially when I was datalogging
that will stop with an aftermaket ic....consistent power on every pull is a beautiful thing
Old 10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

I agree 759 is too much but 275 isn't

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...1a9d9152e3c1b1
Old 10-28-2011, 11:38 AM

if u want just a increase n power .. put the catless dp in n go bout ur way :)
Old 10-28-2011, 11:46 AM

You think instead of buying the entire IC kit...I could just buy the Intercooler and the Hotside IC Pipe?

I got to looking....and really the only thing extra the kit comes with is the cold side IC pipe and the couplers...and I'm pretty sure I can use my stock couplers...right?

hmmm....this might be a better option...
Old 10-28-2011, 11:53 AM

You think instead of buying the entire IC kit...I could just buy the Intercooler and the Hotside IC Pipe?

I got to looking....and really the only thing extra the kit comes with is the cold side IC pipe...

hmmm....this might be a better option...
that's what most people do....most don't get the coldside unless they are relocating the maf, need a metal pipe to tap for meth, or the coldside got damaged. it indeed saves some $$$$ that can be left in the ol pocket or used somewhere else
Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 AM

btw.....not trying to sway your decision either way with my input. i went back and forth just like you when i was trying to figure out what i was gonna do. just letting you know what i was thinkin then.

Quick Reply: Are these mods/bolt-ons worth the money??