2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Trifecta Budget Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 AM

Trifecta Budget Tune

Any comments for a stock SS owner on the budget Trifecta tune? I do plan on adding the bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, IC upgrade etc...) eventually.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Banned

I would do your bolt ons first and then tune because otherwise you will be paying to retune everytime you do a new mod
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Premium Member

Wish I would have known about it before I got the stg1 I would do it now and them collect that you want to change do it all at once and retune, You will have the perfomance to enjoy while you collect up the parts.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS fan
Wish I would have known about it before I got the stg1 I would do it now and them collect that you want to change do it all at once and retune, You will have the perfomance to enjoy while you collect up the parts.
Its a little different with the stage kit. I did that first then i did all my mods. Then i got the custom HPTune.

The stage kit will take out the learn down feature and give you power out of your mods but its still recommended to custom tune it after all mthe mods to get the full potential out of them
Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Premium Member

So maybe it was better to get the stg1 first but you could get a few tunes for the same money. I have had it so long I have forgotten how wimpy the factory tune was on my automatic. I'm looking forward to adding the Trifecta I've heard I will get much more consistent power. That should be enough. If I start adding more it will start with the bigger turbo bolt on But then I would need the LSD really bad. Those may be in the future,but I think the tune will make it so I won't get beat by cars that shouldn't beat me Ha Ha this is my go to work car just happens it takes 25000 miles a year so its nice to enjoy the trip .
Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

The trifecta will for sure be nice man. I will tell you this though. Please at least get intercooler piping. That pancake part likes to explode. Dont ask me how i know lol
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Martial Law
Any comments for a stock SS owner on the budget Trifecta tune? I do plan on adding the bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, IC upgrade etc...) eventually.
Contact Trifecta and get confirmation and rules on re-tunes, some places allow them forever, and for free, or at least for 1 year from the original.

Also IMO no matter what, get it on a dyno with a wideband o2 sensor to check A/F ratio under WOT and misc things like Fuel Pressue. Tuning on any FI motor is critical that it is running safe.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Premium Member

That doesn't sound like fun I've followed along on some of the threads on that stuff and I'm still confused as to what to get and why. BOV,MAS,ATS, all that is new for me. So is mine an implosion waiting to happen,with just stg1?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:19 AM

That's funny about the exploding pipe. I used to tune Vdubs and had a Jetta that kept blowing off the inter cooler piping at the elbows. I ran a lip on all the piping and used heavy duty clamps to fix that problem. My friend had a tool at his work that rolled a lip into any tubing. It was great. OH and the Jetta was tuned by APR. So I am not used to running tunes from the factory. I paid $500 for a flash (after my mods were in the car) and it was amazing. Just looking to do the same thing although I just bought the car and am starting to buy bolt-ons. My warranty runs out in a couple months so I plan to skip the GM tune get the essentials to breathe then tune with Trifecta. Any suggestions on my plans.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

Im pretty sure that all the Intercooler piping for our cars comes bead rolled on the ends which will prevent it from popping but you still want to run T-bolt clamps for sure

Quick Reply: Trifecta Budget Tune