2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Trifecta Budget Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
Im pretty sure that all the Intercooler piping for our cars comes bead rolled on the ends which will prevent it from popping but you still want to run T-bolt clamps for sure
Ugh don't remind me... I'm wondering if I can get away with T-bolts at the ends of the hotside pipe and worm clamping the rest of the connections? Back on topic.

Later
Allex
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
Ugh don't remind me... I'm wondering if I can get away with T-bolts at the ends of the hotside pipe and worm clamping the rest of the connections? Back on topic.

Later
Allex
I wouldn't. I would only use T-bolt clamps. Worm gear clamps can loosen up and create a dent in the hood, just ask Bart, he knows!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Silver Bullett
I wouldn't. I would only use T-bolt clamps. Worm gear clamps can loosen up and create a dent in the hood, just ask Bart, he knows!
Hmm.... well there goes another $100 I need to spend, AGAIN!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
Hmm.... well there goes another $100 I need to spend, AGAIN!
I know the T-Bolts cost more, but it is better than a hood replacement and paint.

Not to mention if a worm clamp lets go while you are on the road, you would be laying underneath it trying to get it back together.

When you do put them on, just be sure they are tight the first time. Not much extra room with the silicone couplers either.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned

I have tbolts on the hotside pipe by the intercooler and then connecting the 2 long ones. Still on worm gear comming off the turbo and on the coldside. I will leave the worm ones on the coldside but will be getting 2 more tbolts coming off the turbo for sure.

About the dents... good story. Ive had one on the hood for a while now since the pipes exploded.... then when i was going to the dealer last week to drop her off it did it again so now i had 2 dents. I got to the dealer and played stupid asking i the tech had messed with the pipes and the guy is like yeah he did. So i walked him over to the car and showed him the dents and seperated pipes. Well long story short i dont have those 2 dents anymore courtesy of the dealership haha
Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 AM

Well long story short i dont have those 2 dents anymore courtesy of the dealership haha

You slick dogg!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Premium Member

You know that ain't right," Repent", ah government motors can afford to fix it for you. Exploding pipes I didn't see that in the brochure ??
Old 02-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Silver Bullett
I know the T-Bolts cost more, but it is better than a hood replacement and paint.

Not to mention if a worm clamp lets go while you are on the road, you would be laying underneath it trying to get it back together.

When you do put them on, just be sure they are tight the first time. Not much extra room with the silicone couplers either.
Funny quick story: I HAD a set of Hahn pipes on before w/ T-bolts bro. All the connections were on tight, but the hotside connection blew off @ the intercooler after I had them on for a few weeks w/ no problems. I fixed + tightened the crap out of that connection only to have it blow off again 2 days later. I got pissed since I had to get to work the next day, so I slapped the OEM hotside pipe back on, traded the Hahn pipes for my Aeroforce gauges and didn't have another problem till last week that I posted up. Granted I bought another set of Hahn pipes and am just waiting for better weather to install them (i.e. nice enough to clean out the garage so I'm not layin in wintry crud!) so I'll make sure all connections are tight and retighten them after a few hundred miles to make sure they STAY that way.

Later
Allex
Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

Asanti what i would do is put them on go ripping around a little then go back and tighten some more
Old 02-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Asanti what i would do is put them on go ripping around a little then go back and tighten some more
That's the plan bro, especially since I'm going to look for a good tune from Trifecta/HP/whoever the hell I eventually choose lmao to max out the hp once the pipes are on.

Later
Allex

Quick Reply: Trifecta Budget Tune