2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Trifecta Budget Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 AM

I'll probably wind up getting the Trifecta w/ HP on top. I really like the hide a tune option and I'll admit I know zilch about tuning so I'll need to rely on a competent tuner like Vince and BYT (please x3 don't start a tune flame war boys!)... On another note, what size was that smaller T-Bolt clamp Silver Bullet?

Later
Allex
Old 02-18-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
On another note, what size was that smaller T-Bolt clamp Silver Bullet?

Later
Allex
I will have to look up the paper work when I get back home and see if it is listed on there.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Vince owns a SS that he has done a lot of the adjustments to know what your SS will do.

I have not seen a HPTuners dyno sheet as of yet. But remember if the HPTuners tune is better, why would it do better on top of a Trifecta tune HP base tune?

Just asking.
Because vince unlocked fuel tables for bigger turbo guys. Vince and BYT have been working hand in hand with the dual tunes.

Theyre both great products
Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
On another note, what size was that smaller T-Bolt clamp Silver Bullet?

Later
Allex
Allex, minimum size is 2.38in, maximum size is 2.68in.
If you look at the factory plastic piping & clamps, the clamp that goes on the turbo is spring loaded. It is recommended to use this type on the turbo when you put the after market pipes on. The spring loaded clamps allow for expansion which occurs the most at that location. The rest are standard t-bolt stainless steel clamps.

Check out this place:
http://www.breezeclamps.com/tbolt.htm
Lower hot side/intercooler clamp - TB238
My receipt is ripped/missing the section for the spring loaded clamp part number.
I believe I ordered TB213 under the B9224 Heavy Duty Spring Loaded listing for the turbo side.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by 09 Silver Bullett
Allex, minimum size is 2.38in, maximum size is 2.68in.
If you look at the factory plastic piping & clamps, the clamp that goes on the turbo is spring loaded. It is recommended to use this type on the turbo when you put the after market pipes on. The spring loaded clamps allow for expansion which occurs the most at that location. The rest are standard t-bolt stainless steel clamps.

Check out this place:
http://www.breezeclamps.com/tbolt.htm
Lower hot side/intercooler clamp - TB238
My receipt is ripped/missing the section for the spring loaded clamp part number.
I believe I ordered TB213 under the B9224 Heavy Duty Spring Loaded listing for the turbo side.
Hope this helps.
Awesome info Silver! That'll help alot. I know the factory T-bolts are the spring loaded type.

Later
Allex
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 PM

Just installed my budget Trifecta tune 2 days ago and I'm loving it!!! I never thought of adding an Hptune as well... do you think it would have any major benefits having both tunes?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Premium Member

Why youall calling it budget tune is there a expensive one too?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:04 AM

My understanding is: Trifecta has two different tunes for the SS, the budget tune is mainly for almost stock, with no dataloging or upgrades after any mods. The other tune is the good tune, with dataloging, and any future upgrades[slightly extra]. The good tune is called the Stealth-Dual-Infina Boost tune. The mainly stock [cheaper] tune is the budget tune.
A person would have to contact Vince at Trifecta to find out all the differences between the two tunes, as to boost levels, ect.
Bottom line: you want fresh oats or you want oats that have already come through the horse. "Moon"
Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Premium Member

cool I like the one with the button found out my springs are on a row boat coming from Australia it sucks big time
Old 02-24-2011, 06:28 AM

budget tune

Speaking of the trifecta budget tune. I am tring to set my 2010 ss up for this with a guy from upstate NY. Any body out there ever deal with a trifecta guy Kyle Bennington, I think out of Newburg NY?

Quick Reply: Trifecta Budget Tune