2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

TTR Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 PM

TTR Upgrade

Installed a TTR upper engine mount and TTR 1" rear sway bar yesterday. Sway bar was very easy but the mount was a little more difficult. The air box does not just lift straight off as I have read but was able to do the job by only removing the windshield washer bottle. Does seem to put the power to the ground better and cornering is nice. Vibrations are not bad but more noticeable with the AC on. I'm happy. Total install time 2.5 hrs. Hey it was Sat AM... Could do the job again in much less time now that I know what to expect.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:11 PM

Glad to see you got it done. I had planned on pulling the entire box but just decided to pull the intake tube from the fender, when I put my upper mount on. Relocated the washer tank out of the way and that was it. Took less than a half hour.

Dave
Old 09-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Premium Member

I like mine too Good work there, I let my mechanic buddy put them in while I shot the, ran my mouth, still only took him 20 mins. with me in the way. Ha Ha

I made up for it when I put the hotside and Intercooler in myself. Took half a day.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:33 AM

I apologize for the stupid ? but what is the advantages of the TTR upper engine mount upgrade?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
I apologize for the stupid ? but what is the advantages of the TTR upper engine mount upgrade?
Product information:

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...33&idcategory=
Old 09-12-2011, 09:27 AM

For me it made a big difference in how the SS feels. It feels much more connected to the road now. It also feels like it puts down power much better. You will get a little more vibration but after a couple of days we stopped noticing it.

The best plug I can give it is the GF took the car out after me doing it and said what did you do it feels so different and just goes. :) She couldn't believe such a small change was so noticeable.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 AM

I have the transmission stop mounts as well as the upper motor mount from TTR and I really like them. Shifting feels more connected and precise, no more wheel hop (power gets to the ground) and the car feels alot less sloppy overall. There are some vibes especially with the ac on, but they don't bother me. One other thing the mounts make your car sound louder inside which I think is the exhaust reverberating through the chassis....makes it sound race car like,I like it.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Miltown SS
I have the transmission stop mounts as well as the upper motor mount from TTR and I really like them. Shifting feels more connected and precise, no more wheel hop (power gets to the ground) and the car feels alot less sloppy overall. There are some vibes especially with the ac on, but they don't bother me. One other thing the mounts make your car sound louder inside which I think is the exhaust reverberating through the chassis....makes it sound race car like,I like it.
Ah I thought it was just me that noticed that, especially the exhaust pulses coming off the turbo manifold!

Later
Allex
Old 09-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Does it help with this issue? - the ac compressor bumping the lower map sensor under hard acceleration.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
Ah I thought it was just me that noticed that, especially the exhaust pulses coming off the turbo manifold!

Later
Allex
I also noticed that the exhaust was much more pronounced. Thought maybe I had broken something during the install. Power is definitely put to the ground better. More chirp chirp chirp than tire spin. Maybe invest in trans stops next.

Quick Reply: TTR Upgrade