2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

In the old days.....Shift Kits for Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:15 AM

In the old days.....Shift Kits for Auto?

you could get shift kits for the automattic transmissions, do they have these for the HHR, i did some prelimenary search with goggle and came up with nada. Any one else looked for this? If so, did you have any luck finding anything?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 AM

I have not heard anything about a shift improver for HHR transmissions. But if you are looking for a firmer shift, leave your car in "I" or "L" and it will make the shift much more firm. If you leave it in "L", it will make the 1st to 2nd gear shift by itself, and mine actually chirps the tires, if you leave it in "I", it will shift firm between all shifts but it not shift into overdrive, it will hit the rev limiter and you have to make the final shift with the lever. When Diablosport finally releases the programmer for the HHR, it will have a shift improver program in it. See, unlike the cars from the past, the never transmissions are controlled by solenoids and the computer, where the "old school" transmissions were controlled by vacuum modulators, detent cables, as well as valve bodies.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 AM

the b&m shift plus works... its essentially a switch with different resistances you tap into your trany control wires it works good ive had it for a while there is an autotrans box u disconnect the line and connect it to the box and use a screwdriver to set the firmness on the dial under the hood that shifts harder but it has been discontinued for awhile only reason i know of it is bc my brother has it in his cobalt he bought it off another cobalt owner used the b&m is a more smooth shift but u feel it and the autotrans is a hard as hell shift when set all the way up
Old 02-06-2010, 10:53 AM

thank you, so there are 2 transmission "shift kits/mods" for us? I will have to look them up. I have done the the whole "1" and "L" shifting thing, but always forget to put it in "D" when i am up to speed. LOL I have also done the "ECS OFF" mode(which I learned here, "Manuals? we don't need no stinkin' manuals!"). Who makes the Auto shift?

Before I got married I had 2 cars(I will get into those at another time) one of which ran a 10's in the quarter. So I am fairly "old school" and from "Back in the Day" type of guy. Now that my kids are grown and about to go off to college I finally bought me something that was practical and tune able. 8-D
Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 AM

I have had the B&N shift switch in my HHR for 1-1/2 years now. Works good when needed for the #2. My Transmission is set for the same as #1 with my Trifecta Tune.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:12 PM

i have read a little about the Trifecta Tune, and may be interested in that a little later, need to do more research on it and get up some more money. I am debating between, depending on what i find out about it, Trifecta and Jet Performance Stage 1. I have seen an electric posered blower that wasnt to expensive, but need to do some more research on that as well.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:14 PM

http://www.hhraccessory.com/product/...r/Default.aspx
Old 02-06-2010, 04:06 PM

WOW 62 Amp battery draw.

I have Trifecta Tune information here www.chwtunecenter.com
Old 02-06-2010, 05:12 PM

$299 ! Egads...a tune would be much better...that thing can melt wires!!Better have that mega watt stereo off when you floor it! Gotta love the effert though.. I guess when your running a low powered honda or something its all worth it!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 PM

I think the alternator would draw so much it would offset any HP gains.....

Quick Reply: In the old days.....Shift Kits for Auto?