2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Question about ECU reflash.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:56 AM

Question about ECU reflash.

I did a search & really couldn't get my question answered. First of all I'm used to working w/ Hondas & know that there is stand alone management for tuning the cars cause I have it & it can get a bit pricey.
I'm trying to understand more about the HHR & some of the GM ECU's so tell me, do U just need a laptop & the correct software to reprogram the stock ECU? Someone please fill me in on this so I understand I little more about them. Thanks guys.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Deceased

Has anyone done this and can you post the results.
i know HVrod has but he has never posted what good or bad it did.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
Has anyone done this and can you post the results.
i know HVrod has but he has never posted what good or bad it did.

Hmmm ----- lets see... this is the first time I've been sort of , indirectly asked.. about my... flash...

I can spin the tires.. (that was before the air intake came to be..) so you can probably guess what it can do now...

I haven't done.. a dyno... and can't compare it to a stock vehicle..
But, I'm happy with it...

I've asked for a bit richer mixture setup, rev limit in "N" be removed...
and had it setup for air intake prior to there was an air intake..

My other car is a G35.. I had it flashed.. and boy can you really tell.. performance... (long time ago.. and I've learned from the Techs who did the reflash... that it definitely needed it .. (due to the mods..) my 2 cents.

But, I also remeber in other posts that I have comment on.. about changing spark plugs.... and getting a reflash.. cause if you have more flow.. you need to feed the beast with fuel....
Basically everyone with an exhaust and air intake mod is running lean.& hotter...

And I believe my MPG is a bit down from what I see people who post their MPG on average.. Mine is 24.7 on the open road..
and I believe people that are obtaining High MPG.. are because of running lean..... my
Old 07-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Deceased

thanks Hvrod
Old 07-14-2006, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by hvrod
Hmmm ----- lets see... this is the first time I've been sort of , indirectly asked.. about my... flash...

I can spin the tires.. (that was before the air intake came to be..) so you can probably guess what it can do now...

I haven't done.. a dyno... and can't compare it to a stock vehicle..
But, I'm happy with it...

I've asked for a bit richer mixture setup, rev limit in "N" be removed...
and had it setup for air intake prior to there was an air intake..

My other car is a G35.. I had it flashed.. and boy can you really tell.. performance... (long time ago.. and I've learned from the Techs who did the reflash... that it definitely needed it .. (due to the mods..) my 2 cents.

But, I also remeber in other posts that I have comment on.. about changing spark plugs.... and getting a reflash.. cause if you have more flow.. you need to feed the beast with fuel....
Basically everyone with an exhaust and air intake mod is running lean.& hotter...

And I believe my MPG is a bit down from what I see people who post their MPG on average.. Mine is 24.7 on the open road..
and I believe people that are obtaining High MPG.. are because of running lean..... my
OK I guess that aswers the question. Thanks.