Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

6 door HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
ecl

6 door HHR?

Me and the wife have been thinking about getting a different vehicle. I love the HHR and would love to keep it however she wants something with three rows of seats but at the same time doesnt like any of the vehicles I show her that have that. So I started looking around a bit and found I a company that does custom conversions for people narmally ones with large families and normally with large trucks like the F-250 and Excursions, were they strctch it enough to add doors making a total of 6 doors on those trucks. I contacted them just to see about it and they said they could to a 6 door conversion on the HHR for 25k. Now im not just going to jump into this but it is something to think about, and not really sure how it would look any good photoshoppers want to add a door the an HHR? Would be quite intresting and very unique so I may just have to really think about this, but in the end I just dont think she likes the HHR any ways so probably wont happen even if I wanted it to.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 PM

I would really think long and hard about putting $25k into a car worth about $10k. For $25k you could buy a Chevy Orlando, or one of the newer SUV/mini-vans and then you can keep the HHR. My wife and I bought a 2009 Mazda 5 for $17k brand new. We love it.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:30 PM

So they would stretch the car and add a row of seats (and another set of doors)? That would look mighty wierd... It would become bus-like!!

I think you should go for it.... just so we can see what it looks like in the end! I'm being purely selfish....
Old 02-04-2010, 01:48 PM
ecl

I doubt it will actually happen but would love to do it and yes would be another set of seats and doors. As for doing it to a car thats worth 10k that dont really matter since I owe more than its worth any ways but I would wait till it was payed off any ways. Just havent found any good cars that we can agree on and any car I point out she rejects, thats what made me think of this. I did some searching and heres a pic of what it might look like.

Name:  hhrlimo.gif
Views: 1150
Size:  44.7 KB[/
Old 02-04-2010, 02:00 PM

4 doors is enough. Trade the car in, best route, I promise.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:18 PM

makes me think of this

Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ecl
I doubt it will actually happen but would love to do it and yes would be another set of seats and doors. As for doing it to a car thats worth 10k that dont really matter since I owe more than its worth any ways but I would wait till it was payed off any ways. Just havent found any good cars that we can agree on and any car I point out she rejects, thats what made me think of this. I did some searching and heres a pic of what it might look like.

[/
That looks awesome! Flip the third row of doors to open suicide. I like it.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM

It does look cool! Why not buy an old chevy suburban with 3 rows of seats. It will look like the hhr, but have 3 rows of seats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RESTO...item3359b74283

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1948-...item2eaabf853f
Old 02-04-2010, 03:36 PM

Check this bad ride out.

http://truckin.automotive.com/54919/...ban/index.html

the other thing i have thought about, is that the 90's ford taurus wagons had a jump seat in the back cargo area. You could do something like that.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ecl

[/
Eli- I think it looks cool..
Might need to add some spice to the motor tho, pull the additional weight.....

Your AA5 would be much more unique, for sure..

But of course a 1947- '53 Sub would be Extremely cool...(as was mentioned)..

Quick Reply: 6 door HHR?