Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Air Wind Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Rick- I'm interested in the hood deflector...ever since the paint on the hood of my ZX3 was sandblasted in just one winter I have had a deflector on my cars..the front end still take a bit of a hit but the hood generally stays pretty clean
Goose
Goose,
I got mine at race and street
http://www.raceandstreet.net/Merchan...ory_Code=HHR-E

Easy to install..remove 4 nuts that hold the grill on, remove grill, put deflector in place, put grill back in place and put the 4 nuts back in place.The deflector has a lip and is held in place between the grill and hood. One thing i really like about this one is there is enough room between it and the hood so you can wash under it unlike some I have seen on other cars that almost lay flat against the hood.

I will be taking some pics this weekend and get put up and will include a pic of the deflector..

Rick
Old 05-25-2007, 08:48 AM

Bug shield/wind deflector.

I went to the Lund web site, because Autozone couldn't come up with any part numbers. I got the Xterminator. It installs the same way. (Remove the grille.) My vent visors are the outside type, with the 3M tape. I have used this type on several cars, and have only had one come off....a back visor for a pick-up. Wal-mart and K-Mart sell the 3M tape, so you can reinstall if they come loose. In fact, I have an old (1996) Taurus that the spoiler came off of, and I put it back on with the 3M tape. (That car is a Hoopty, and I don't drive it at highway speeds).
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 PM

I look forward to those pics Rick

I see you got the AVS one. I think that is the kind I had on my Matrix

Does anyoine know what the diff in the Lund models are?

I see:
Bugdeflector
Bugdeflector II
Interceptor
Interceptor II
X-Terminator
Avenger

Goose
Old 05-26-2007, 06:22 AM

You can't see it very well in my avatar, but if you go to the gallery pics it shows up better, mine is the X-terminator.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Sun Roof Windflector

Anyone put Windflector on their sunroof? I believe 32.5" is the correct one.
That little cloth wind deflector is a joke.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Goose,

Here are the pics that I promised of my latest addons..

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...829#post153829

Regards,
Rick
Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 AM

Thanks for the pics Rick! I see you have the Bugflector II...I can't see the difference between that one and the Xterminator that Terry has? I wonder what the differences between all these different protectors

Goose
Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 AM

Do the deflectors do the job? All my dings are close to that area, but I get hit in the windshield a lot also, do the deflectors help with that?
I put the 3M film on, not sure if I`m happy, some drawbacks.
It attracts dust at a different rate than the rest of the hood, it`s not as shiney, and it is visible.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:45 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Goose
Thanks for the pics Rick! I see you have the Bugflector II...I can't see the difference between that one and the Xterminator that Terry has? I wonder what the differences between all these different protectors
Terry's....X-terminator

Rick's....Bug Deflector II

The Bug Deflector II looks like it goes down a little farther around the grill, by a half bar of the grill. Also the "endings" of them are different as well.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Do the deflectors do the job? All my dings are close to that area, but I get hit in the windshield a lot also, do the deflectors help with that?
I put the 3M film on, not sure if I`m happy, some drawbacks.
It attracts dust at a different rate than the rest of the hood, it`s not as shiney, and it is visible.
I think that they do...I have had them on my last 2 vehicles( Saturn Vue and Toyota Matrix) and for the most part they have kept the hood pretty ding free...there have been some chips here and there but nothing compared to my Focus ZX3 that did not have one. After 1 winter the hood looked like it had been peppered with rocks and sand.

As far as the windshield goes...I'd have to say no for the most part..I still got chips and a few cracks but the Vue is famous for getting the windshield dinged.

Already have noticed some tiny chips on the hood of The Gooser..I commute 99% on the highway every day so I'm out there where the damage can happen.

I plan on going to Advance Auto and have them order a deflector. They were about 30 dollars less expensive than anywhere when I got one for my Matrix. Will probably be the Bugflector II as I like how it does cover more of the hood

Goose

Quick Reply: Air Wind Deflectors