Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Air Wind Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 PM

Added a windflector to my sunroof. Much quieter now on the highway.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:41 PM

I don't think the bugshield does anything for the windshield. Them danged kamikaze bugs hit it anyhow. I think the bugflector II might do better than mine. But, I bought mine blind, I had never seen one for an HHR at all.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 AM

I ordered the Bugflector II this morning..thanks for the pics and link Rick! This one looks like it gives the most coverage. Race & Street has it for much less $$ than anywhere else that I have checked.

Hopefully it will ship today and I'll have it by Friday...

Already getting little white specks on some places on the hood from rock chips

Goose
Old 06-06-2007, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Goose
I ordered the Bugflector II this morning..thanks for the pics and link Rick! This one looks like it gives the most coverage. Race & Street has it for much less $$ than anywhere else that I have checked.

Goose
maggie at race and street is great for getting things shipped out quickly. If I recall it shipped direct from the manufacturer rather than from her place but still made it to me in a few days.

Rick
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Goose

Goose
Polish polish polish. I am convinced it helps. I used McGuires several times before the winter and hearing the sand hitting the car all winter I was convinced it would look like it had acne after the winter but in all honety, I had no new chips in the paint. I did have a couple just after I got it a year ago and before I polished more than once, but only the windsheild had new chips after the winter.

Hmmmmmm...maybe I will polish that too.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Polish polish polish. I am convinced it helps. I used McGuires several times before the winter and hearing the sand hitting the car all winter I was convinced it would look like it had acne after the winter but in all honety, I had no new chips in the paint. I did have a couple just after I got it a year ago and before I polished more than once, but only the windsheild had new chips after the winter.

Hmmmmmm...maybe I will polish that too.
Yep I believe that too although the hood has a healthly dose of Zymol on there and I still have some white fleck where the paint has chipped...the worst one is the part of the hood inbetween the grill and the headlight...no protecting there unless you invest in the 3M

Yep, you are right rick..it is being shipped right from the factory so I won't get it until the 11th via Fedex Ground...no worries...I have to bring my HHR back to the dealer to see if they are going to replace my scratched bowtie on the grill so I'm sure the grill will have to come off to do that. This way they won't have to take that off as well.

I cringe driving without it though..my commute is 98% highway and is loaded with yahoos in pickup trucks driving 95 mph...you know these knuckleheads aren't paying for their own gas to feed those gas pigs...they are by far the worst offenders as far as throwing debris up

And yes for a time I was one of them (minus the driving 90+ mph)

Goose