Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Best wax and interior protection and other cleaning products to use

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 PM

And what do you guys use on the interior? Looking at the scotchguard but is there better?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by 09_SS
And what do you guys use on the interior? Looking at the scotchguard but is there better?
I have leather, I am guessing that you do not. Scotchguard will help alot. Use lots of it, in many coats, keep the car opened up. As far as wax goes, clay bar first, any brand, clay is clay, does not matter. As far as wax goes, I use Meguires, but it does not really matter, as long as you do it often they all work. For the best shine...clay bar, cleaner wax, then a 100% liquid carnuba. Todd (Uma)
Old 04-23-2009, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
Yes, it actually is black. So you are saying use the black liquid wax instead of the Mcquire? right? Also is the shipping reasonable? Thanks
yeah if its black at least get the first liquid wax i posted....if you can afford it get the paste also....shipping is reasonable and right now they have there stuff on sale. And whatever you do dont use a microfiber towl to whipe/buff off the wax
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by 08BlkSS
whatever you do dont use a microfiber towl to whipe/buff off the wax
any recomendation on what to use here? I thought microfibers were supposed to be the holy grail the way peole talk about them.

I usually use an old t-shirt that has been softened up in the wash for years that i have since retired.

I need you guys to come to wash my cars, seriously.

How long does it take you to do a full clay, wash, wax, everything?

Might help if i had a freakin garage, and maybe a buffer.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:35 PM

Thumbs down buffer

Originally Posted by twistrman
any recomendation on what to use here? I thought microfibers were supposed to be the holy grail the way peole talk about them.

I usually use an old t-shirt that has been softened up in the wash for years that i have since retired.

I need you guys to come to wash my cars, seriously.

How long does it take you to do a full clay, wash, wax, everything?

Might help if i had a freakin garage, and maybe a buffer.
i don't recomend buffers. yes professionals use them , but they have large stacks of bonnets that need to be replaced/washed constantly. and they have probably ruined a few cars before they learned how.....but really , most peolpe can use a buffer , but also most people can also make a mess with one...if you use on you may want to try some of the foam pads , they are easier to clean. consentrate on one panel at a time. if you can't do it all in one day or whatever time frame it is not the end of the world. you can always do the rest anouther time......thats why everything i own is only partially done........someone ads on my local craigslist a wash/vacume/windows/tires/rims for $20, i bet they'd do the clay and wax for $30-$40 more. but if they mess up something , who am i gonna call ?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by 08BlkSS
what color is your car? if its black this stuff is the shizzzznit by all means...

this alone will make your car look like a rolling mirror...
Midnight Express

and a coat of this on top of the midnight express will have you standing in awe...

Black Velvet
I just ordered both and will report back with my results. This is my first black vehicle so I'm hoping for something special
Old 05-15-2009, 03:15 PM

Are you looking for a WAX or a POLISH?

Wax gives you the wet look, but can wear off in summer heat.

Polish will give you a decent shine and protect

I've always use PoorBoy's products... They work great and are smooth on and off in Florida's sun and heat.

I've heard good things about Dodo Juice wax, but you still need a polish to put down first before the wax...

OTC: stuff... Liquid glass is decent, NXT is decent, but always better after 24hrs , both of those are polishes rather than waxes.

I would buy Mother's clay bar..

I detail cars as a side job on the weekends. I use a random orbital buffer( mail order, and $130 bucks plus pads) and love it.

I mailorder most of the products I use.

Last edited by Gol10dr; 05-15-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 05-15-2009, 03:48 PM

If you don't need a polish don't use it.They contain abrasives,as does a cleaner/wax.If you're going to clay bar or buff first,then all you need is a straight wax.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:10 PM

One company holds the patent and makes claybars, they are just rebranded
so any claybar will do.

you can use scotchguard if you wish,
I just clean my interior. 5:1 woolite and water. 1 part being the woolite.

Exterior wax, I like optimum car wax.

general rule of thumb is dark colors absorb light, so get a carnuba for that deep wet look.

light colors reflect light, so get a synthetic wax to reflect that gloss shine.

use a dual action polisher if you get swirls aka spider webbing
for a polish Meguiars M205 is getting good reviews. check over at the Meguiars forum
Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 PM

I like useing Liquid Glass. Its a protectant/polish, but then in the midwest waxs just do not hold up and last. Plus it great to use on your glass after cleaning.

Quick Reply: Best wax and interior protection and other cleaning products to use