Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

BEWARE--Wood Dash Experts

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:15 PM

Thumbs down BEWARE--Wood Dash Experts

Hello:

I really do not like to badmouth a company unless I truly have had a really bad time---but---here is a list of events on a spoiler I ordered from this company that as of today---still has not arrived. Will be asking credit card company tomorrow to suspend the charge.

"The following facts are presented:

1. Ordered product on 7/18/2008---Wood Dash charged my account that day.
2. Called for status on 7/24/2008---not yet shipped
3. Called for status on 7/29/2008---to be shipped on 7/31/2008; given UPS Tracking# 1z1x3v210346978674.
4. UPS Tracking number showed no movement through 8/06/2008.
5. Called Wood Dash Customer service/shipping on 8/06/2008--appeared to be lost in transit---new item to be sent 8/07/2008 or 08/08/2008; no wait for status on old necessary due to long wait by customer.
6. Called Wood Dash Customer service/shipping on 8/07/2008 (John)---to be shipped on 8/08/2008---no UPS number yet available. S/B available on Monday.
7. Called Wood Dash Customer service on 8/08/2008---was now told shipped that day---still no tracking number.
8. Sent E-Mail to customer service on 8/10/2008 to voice my concern.
Received an E-mail from John at Wood Dash on 8/11/2008: “I do apologize for the delay as my manufacturer had to confirm with UPS the lost item. The replacement was sent out earlier today and we will have tracking information later today for you.”
9. Called Wood Dash 8/12/2008 and talked again with Lorraine who now says that the item was shipped on 8/12/2008 and gave me the same UPS tracking number as the original.
10. Checked with the UPS tracking system on 8/13/2008-----still no movement.
11. Called Wood Dash on 8/13/2008---now told just shipped---will have tracking number today and will call. End of day---no call!!
12. Attempted to again get info on this----still no UPS number and shipment in limbo"
Old 08-15-2008, 06:34 AM

Looks like the client gets a shaft while the vendors blame each other. Srry to hear of your grief. Hope these ding hooies get there "ship" together. You have class not to give the Co. names anyway. Talk about a lack of customer service!!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:12 AM
jx3

Wow, talk about being "strung along"!!

Is the item being dropped shipped from the mfr?

Being a former shipping/recieving mgr, I can tell you that the tracking number is immediately known and that there is an option that the shipper can click on to notify the receiver of all the tracking info via email.

If the only info being shown on the number you provided is .....
Billing Information Received
It never made it onto the UPS truck.

You should open a "dispute" w/ the credit card company that was used. The company you purchased the item from is obligated to have your item to you in under 30 days once they bill your card.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:33 AM

Question:
Isn't there a law that says they can't charge your C.C. until the item is shipped?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
It never made it onto the UPS truck.
Well, not necessarily. I see product that we ship almost every day that will show "Billing Information Received" but is definitely on it's way. Often, either the UPS Driver or the first UPS sorting facility will neglect to scan the items. They still get there on time but never scan on the way. I'm certainly not making excuses for these people- this really sucks!

I'm going to guess that this is shipping directly from the manufacturer. They are probably trying to get the status of the package from UPS before they send out another. Or they don't have another right now. And they are now probably stalling the distributor while they figure out what to do. Just a guess-- again, not acceptable.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
Looks like the client gets a shaft while the vendors blame each other. Srry to hear of your grief. Hope these ding hooies get there "ship" together. You have class not to give the Co. names anyway. Talk about a lack of customer service!!
He did give the company name !!!

Hey spotty.....

I'm familiar with this company. They sometimes do displays at the local National Car Show.

It's kind of a distance from me but, if I get a chance, I will drive over and do a "survey" of their store.

In the meantime, I would suggest, as jx3 mentioned, to issue a protest with your credit card company. Also, as members were debating, if I remember correctly, credit card charges must be reversed if product is not shipped within 30 days of charge.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 PM

I ship using UPS daily and this could very well be UPS's fault. The first thing UPS does is say "they never picked up the package". Usually it shows up in a day or two in thier hub.

I have had overnight packages that get "lost" like this and have reshipped the order again overnight and the next day both boxes arrive together. Sure UPS gives you a credit for the shipping but then I wind up with a special order item coming back. So I tend to wait for UPS to cough it up and I don't reship an order.

Like their slogan says "What can Brown do for you!"
Old 08-15-2008, 02:51 PM

Angry Wood Dash

thx all for your replies, info, advice.

I did file a complaint with my CC co. and the charge is deferred until they research. I sent them my writeups.

Funny---they (wood dash) are still telling me it is shipped and give me the same damn "Z" number as the lost shippment! What's with that! They originally told me they would immediately ship another w/o waiting to check on the lost item as a "courtesy". Yea---right--they never did.

Now--I am in limbo----I would like to order another spoiler from someone else--But I hesitate to do so until this is resolved.

This is what is called holding the proverbial bags-ski! At least I am still a healthy human being---as far as I know.

thx for letting me vent!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 AM

I had an incident recently where I ordered a replacement part for something, I didn't need it right away (good thing) was told they would ship it right out, (not overnite) waited a couple of weeks figuring for a chance to get through their system and then the snail mail. Called them, they said it was shipped - must of got lost in the mail, they shipped a second one. Waited a few more weeks, called again, they swore they shipped... check with the USPS to see if they were holding stuff for my house - no they weren't. They finally shipped a THIRD one... To make an even longer story short... The first one they shipped arrived two days after the third one. Then it was apparent why - Their printer that was printing their shipping labels was OUT OF INK! I called them back and mentioned this, and then they said I was correct, and they were getting alot of returns from the USPS and didn't know who got what. I was really torqued thinking they were blowing smoke my way.... Bottom line - If you know you got a problem as a vendor, a little info goes a long way to keeping the customer happy(ier).
Old 08-18-2008, 10:35 AM

Sounds like the service I got with California Cruisers. Excuse after excuse.