Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Billet grill

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM

Rush to change grill

I wish someone would tell me why the rush to remove the original stock grill and replace it with something that looks like it belongs in front of the living room radiator....I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and everyone wants something a little different but, IMO, nothing beats the chrome grill with the Black Chevrolet wording on the top portion of the grill.....just my opinion for what ever it is worth......
Old 09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by plakman
I wish someone would tell me why the rush to remove the original stock grill and replace it with something that looks like it belongs in front of the living room radiator....I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and everyone wants something a little different but, IMO, nothing beats the chrome grill with the Black Chevrolet wording on the top portion of the grill.....just my opinion for what ever it is worth......
why do people get hubcaps instead of real wheels? why do people get vinyl pinstripes instead of painted ones? why dont they leave their cars stock?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Why does everyone have to go with the billet grille, not that there is anything wrong with them. If everyone does it then will it be different anymore
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM

Billet grills have been around for a long time. You could also say that if everyone lowered their vehicle it wouldn't be different. Both of these things will always be different, however, for one simple reason: the vast majority of people never do more than put a sticker or two in the window.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
Billet grills have been around for a long time. You could also say that if everyone lowered their vehicle it wouldn't be different. Both of these things will always be different, however, for one simple reason: the vast majority of people never do more than put a sticker or two in the window.
True. I don't know how to say what I mean here without probably pissing off quite a few people, and that is not my intention. I just get tired of the guy who buys a fifty thousand dollar suv and takes it to shop, has wheels and tires put on and thinks he has a custom. I know that not everyone has the ability or know how to do their own custom work, but to think your custom because of a set of five thousand dollar wheels is a joke to me. Same thing with the s-10 extreme, or the new colarodo exteme. Why go down and buy a built truck, and think you can roll with the customs. There are only a few extremes I like and they have all been lowered down after leaving the dealer lot. Back to the grilles, they look good it's just everyone is doing it. To me that seems like following the crowd and what they think is cool. Hotrodbob said it best---anyone can restore a car, but it take a hotrodder to cut one up and make it cool---. I think that the grille that LSchicago has looks good, but like I said, just not for me. I gotta think of something different.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by stick
Same thing with the s-10 extreme..........Why go down and buy a built truck, and think you can roll with the customs. There are only a few extremes I like and they have all been lowered down after leaving the dealer lot.
Somebody mentioned S-10 Extreme??? Here's my best bud's ride.......

Name:  extreme.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  78.6 KB
Old 09-10-2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
Somebody mentioned S-10 Extreme??? Here's my best bud's ride.......

Am I wrong here, but that looks lowered.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by stick
Am I wrong here, but that looks lowered.
Just a little........

A little SLAMMED!!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 PM

I relate to the "everybody's doing it" syndrome. When I was decided to re-paint my car, okay HAVE my car repainted, I wanted flames. It seemed like everyone was doing ghost flames. I wanted something different. I think I suceeded, but it took a long time and a lot of looking to find what I was looking for.

Same with the wheels. I wanted something I wasn't seeing anywhere else. This time I wish I'd just gone with what I liked, old fashioned five-spoke Cragar SS stlye. Now my Boyds are off and being refinished and I've got what I really wanted to begin with. (Yes, the Boyd's will be for sale when they get back.)

It's tough to balance "not looking the same" with "what I really like" sometimes. Bottom line will always be what I like though.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

I really like the grill someone did that removed some of the cross pieces from the stock grill. Can't remember where I saw it.

Quick Reply: Billet grill