Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Can The rear Headrests be removed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Can The rear Headrests be removed?

Wondering if the rear headrests can be removed.I would like more room when folding down the rear seats for hauling
Old 01-24-2010, 03:48 PM

Yes.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Ya , I removed my rears for that same reason. But i can't get my fronts out.
Can anyone with an 08 SS get there front headrests out of the seat ?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:13 PM

Wonder what you could have been hauling that you needed the seats down for...could it have been tires? Ha.

There should be a small button on the side of one of the posts, push it in, and they should come out.

I could have showed you when I saw you yesterday. Wondered why you didn't put them all the way down to fit the tires in...

Mine have been off since I have had the hhr. Stuck them in the under storage bin in the back just in case. Makes it a lot easier to see out the back window with them off too.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Been thinking of pulling my rear ones off and just using them when i have passengers. The visibility definitely would be improved and my lab is just getting them filthy anyway! The darn hound drools all over them when I have any food in the car, or we go to the drive-up window at our bank! They give her dog biscuits there...
Old 01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor

I would think leaving the fronts in place is a good idea...should you get rear-ended, they can save you from severe neck injury.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:32 PM

I want to remove them to bend the bars slightly forward so that it becomes a useable headrest.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
Wonder what you could have been hauling that you needed the seats down for...could it have been tires? Ha.

There should be a small button on the side of one of the posts, push it in, and they should come out.

I could have showed you when I saw you yesterday. Wondered why you didn't put them all the way down to fit the tires in...

Mine have been off since I have had the hhr. Stuck them in the under storage bin in the back just in case. Makes it a lot easier to see out the back window with them off too.

Yea I never thought to have asked you. Trying decide if I wanna buy another LT or a Panel truck. So I wanna make sure I can get the same amount of cargo space from an LT, with the seats down,as I would with a panel truck.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:57 PM

yeah, they should come off. Or if you want to leave them on, you can move your front seats forward, put the backs down, then put your fronts back to normal, they should fit fine and your fronts should be able to go all the way back. I just prefer them off.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:07 PM

I think I am going to take them off

Quick Reply: Can The rear Headrests be removed?