Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Cashmere: Cloth v. Leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:54 AM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Cashmere: Cloth v. Leather

I find this interesting that on the Majestic Amethyst Metallic, cloth Cashmere is not available, but leather Cashmere is... can someone explain this to me?

My wife and I don't like the 'Tan' or Cashmere seats... we prefer the Grey and Ebony so it doesn't really make a difference to us, but it's something that picks at me.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:57 AM

cause the flat color of beige against purple clash and just do not belong together. However, the shiny gloss of a nice leather that looks like it was just ripped from the back of a fake cow and slathered onto a seat frame is just to DIE for with the suttle hint of metallic purple.... (kidding... I have no idea)
Old 09-22-2006, 07:29 PM

Vote for Leather

We have had cloth seats all our married life (19 years this coming Wed) in our various cars and now have leather. I LOVE IT!!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 08:08 PM

I've got the Cashmere cloth seats in my Sunburst Orange HHR and love them. I've had it nearly 10 months and haven't had any problems keeping them clean whatsoever. They aren't too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. I prefer cloth in Colorado because of the vast temperature differences.