Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Chevrolet Scripts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Honestly, I don't know why they didn't do something like that from the factory.... (Well, actually I do....money.....but you get my point).
I thought the exact same thing as soon as I installed it. It looks like it belongs there. I considered going with a block-letter CHEVROLET, but decided on the '57 script after checking out many other options. That wide-open space bothered me from Day 1.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 AM

I would really like to do this on my HHR. Just bought a Silver 2009 HHR LT1. Do you have any step by step instructions on how to do this? Not quite sure what you needed the tape for or if you needed to drill any holes etc.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by williamjaywhalen
I would really like to do this on my HHR. Just bought a Silver 2009 HHR LT1. Do you have any step by step instructions on how to do this? Not quite sure what you needed the tape for or if you needed to drill any holes etc.
The unit comes with 2 posts permanently affixed to the back. You would have to drill two holes to accommodate mounting them in this manner (see post #19).

Alternatively as, as was done here and probably recommended by most since you avoid having to drill holes in your car is to:
- grind off the two post, making the back flat
- affixing double sided tape to the back
- trimming the tape so that no exposed excess is visible
- aligning and sticking the unit to the car
Old 09-08-2009, 04:13 PM

I wonder if those block letter "CHEVROLET" emblems are still unavailable? They were originally made for the rear of AVEO"S a few years back if you remember. Several members, including myself, bought a bunch of them 2 or 3 years ago. Then all of a sudden they were "Unavailable"!! We must have bought Chevy's whole supply. They are a good match for the block lettering on the rear hatch.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by williamjaywhalen
I'm not sure if you're referring to the OP or to my post, but here's how I did mine:

Affixed a piece of painter's tape to the dash.

Marked the back of the script's pegs (mine had four) with magic marker. Made sure the logo was 100% straight and pressed the pegs to the tape, giving me my four holes.

Drilled out the four holes. Obviously the size of the bit will vary, depending on the script, but I went with as small a bit as possible (I don't remember what size).

Pulled out the excess plastic from the holes.

Pressed the script into place. The pegs fit tightly into the holes.

As Canuck pointed out, you can snip and file off any posts you want and go with double-sided tape, but the tape does tend to dry out eventually...at which point the logo will fall off. That does usually take years though. If you go the drill route, inside or out, just make damned sure you really really REALLY like the script you're mounting!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Mounting with pins

I mounted my '55 chrome scripts using the pins and drilling. I took photos every step of the way, and did a tutorial. I just never got around to posting it. If anyone wants to know how I did it, just drop me a message. Kind of long.....but detailed. :-) God Bless, Marc
Old 10-03-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Devils950003
I just installed this same script in my interior, in the blank area above the glove box (on the same line as the air vents). I drilled out four small holes (just big enough for the four pegs to slide into) and simply snapped it onto the dash...the holes were so snug that I didn't even need to add tape or Crazy Glue. It made for a great $16 mod...that space needed something, and that script fits perfectly...the chrome ties in beautifully with the air vent trim.
I just placed my order and am going to to the same install as you described. I read your post a couple weekends back and have visualized the mod on my 08 LT2 every time I've been in it since. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by modestohhrclub
Just ordered 2 of these from www.danchuk.com this afternoon. They're reproduction, but that doesn't matter.

http://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx...5-27eab8ec6043

These look very nice. Can someone that has ordered this give me the dimension of this piece (length in inches)? I am thinking of putting it on the tailgate area since mine has already been debadged of the original HHR and LT lettering. Also how far do the pins protrude, are they easy to grind off? Thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 03:32 PM

My similar '55-'56 versions are a little over 12" long. I hope this helps.

I used the pins to mount mine. I'd use a Dremel cutoff wheel to get them close to flush as a start if you are going to remove the pins.

God Bless, Marc
Old 10-18-2009, 06:12 PM

I did the dash mount as described by Marc this afternoon. I drilled my dash, so this a permanent add to my car. I did use just a dab of Krazy Glue just to deter curious fingers. The look is awesome. BTW..if you have a sun/moon roof, the rearview mirror light will hit that script at night like a spotlight--sweet!
Name:  HHRPictures002.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  90.9 KB

Last edited by Eclipse754; 10-19-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Scripts...