Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Chevy HHR Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM

Chevy HHR Projector Headlights

As much as I liked watching the HID drama, I kept wondering why no one did a search on this forum...

This link was posted a few years a gon and the company still has them listed. I have no idea if what they are charging is a good price, or if the are still being offered.

http://www.advancedlites.com/product...tor-headlights

Now you can have the same luxury and style as the new high end cars! Advanced Lites Inc.'s custom made projector headlights are built with '06 Infiniti FX35 Bi-xenon projectors (high beams / low beams), 4300K D2S HID bulbs, 2 year warranty HID kits, and a plug and play bi-xenon wire harness! Each set is built with Advanced Lites Inc.'s distinctive OEM looking ABS bezels. These are custom made for each order placed. No two are alike! Along with the custom made ABS bezels, these also come with a decorative chrome ring that mounts over the projector lenses. These chrome rings may be painted, or color chromed too.
As an option, you can have your custom made ABS bezels chromed for an even more OEM look! The chrome can be any color as well. If you have a red car, these can be chromed red if you like. Another option is that you may choose between white or blue CCFL cold cathode angel eyes! The color white is rated at 6000K, where as the blue is rated at 12000K. These angel eyes are very sturdy and very well built. They are constructed of thick CCFL glass and encased in acrylic for protection! The inverters are very sturdy, heavy, and waterproof too!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:58 PM

For $695.00+, they must be smokin pretty good stuff.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM

It's not just $695

It's $695 on their website plus more if you want chrome or "angel eyes."
PLUS you have to supply your own factory headlight assemblies.
PLUS I would have to get them installed, which apparently means removing the front bumpers.

My guess is $1000 by the time its installed, which I could afford if I had no choice but which seems just a bit excessive. Of course, I recently paid over $500 installed for heated, signal mirrors.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:23 PM

I'm just throwing it out as an option since no one else really gave you any. At least these do have a two-year warranty.

All you said is also true for ANY that you have done. When I am ready for this mod, if I have no other option, I'll go this route. But I am in this for the long haul. Eventually I'll do the heated side mirrors too.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:43 PM

It's one of those "if you have to ask the price......." deals. If you need them done right I doubt you will find cheaper, Doctuh. If you find cheaper they probably won't be right. (not sticking up for this company or the $$$, just sayin')

Also note at the bottom of the page, These are not D.O.T. approved so you better hang on to a set of originals and stash some cash in case a ticket comes down the road after you.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:28 PM

Dot

The only way they can be DOT approved is if the company submits each model for extensive (read expensive) testing. What this vendor is doing is using a projector unit from a DOT-approved headlight and grafting it, in toto, into a different headlight assembly. While not approved per se, there's no reason to expect it to perform differently, as long as it's aimed correctly. I am insisting on a projector assembly instead of a naked bulb to avoid glare. This is the only setup anyone has found available for sale at any price. Were I to insist on DOT approval, then I would be asking the impossible!

By the way (and not meaning to reignite things), here is a video linked through this vendor's website on HID glare (from England):

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/...enon_test.html
Old 11-05-2010, 11:44 PM

I think they look kinda goofy.....just sayin..
Old 11-06-2010, 08:16 AM

contact

I just emailed Advanced Lites Inc. on their website and asked about whether they might consider becoming a paid member of this site and offering a "group buy." At present, they seem to be the only people claiming actively to be doing this commercially. I am still hoping that another person or company would consider doing an HID projector retrofit conversion for the HHR.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:47 PM

No response

Advanced Lites may have a website, but they never responded to email. I have a paid order at buyhids.com and was told to expect delivery in 2-5 weeks.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:08 PM

those are nice i have seen them before...but they are way too expensive...ill wait a while for others to come up.

Quick Reply: Chevy HHR Projector Headlights