Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Color Keyed Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:54 AM

Color Keyed Mirrors

I just removed a post of mine from the Classified section and thought it more appropriate to post here. It seems some people are under the impression that there were only 2 choices of trim on mirrors. Chrome and Brushed. Right? Not so. Before I purchased my current LT I looked at an LT with not only matching mirrors, but door handles as well. However it had a slight knock in its 2.4 and service said it was typical. It wasn't. For members who don't believe chevy offered this, I posted a photo of that car in the gallery under LT mirrors.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:20 PM

There was a guy at "the other forum" who painted his to match. Maybe that is what you saw if you're in the same area. I'll see if I can find it over there and post a picture here.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:33 PM

I just went and looked and he painted the black portion of the mirros and the antenna. I rather like the chrome look to break up all the color...but that's a matter of preferance.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned

That's the brushed aluminum trim.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I just went and looked and he painted the black portion of the mirros and the antenna. I rather like the chrome look to break up all the color...but that's a matter of preferance.
I thought about color-matching mine too, but felt the same as you Deb.
The contrast breaks up all the solid color nicely.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:28 PM

Brushed Aluminum

What you overlooked in my post was "I looked at an LT with not only matching mirrors, but door handles as well". I should have said that I took it out for a test drive...in fact, the car is still on the dealer's lot and I drive it every day. Trust me o wise one, they'rer Silverstone Silver all right.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:47 PM

Can you provide us with a link to the dealer so we can look a little closer ourselves? If you drive it every day, does that mean you work there? We have enquiring minds...and enquiring minds want to know. And what do you mean about a "slight knock" and it being typical?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:50 PM

I don't doubt that you saw them, but they are not available from the factory; only Bright Chrome or Brushed Satin can be ordered.

Check HERE to see the available mirror options.

It is possible the Brushed Satin is what you saw as it matches the Silverstone very closely. If they were indeed Silverstone, the dealer would have had to have their body shop paint them, and this is highly unlikely on a $20k car (why bother?).

If you post some pics it would be easier for everyone to see.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:52 PM

If this is what you are referring to, it is (Edited) the Satin Chrome finish:

I have them on my HHR as well:

Satin Chrome - not Silverstone (and they don't actually match Silverstone either).

Most of the people on this site know their stuff when it comes to HHR's.

Last edited by SoCalHHR; 05-20-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by GPER
What you overlooked in my post was "I looked at an LT with not only matching mirrors, but door handles as well". I should have said that I took it out for a test drive...in fact, the car is still on the dealer's lot and I drive it every day. Trust me o wise one, they'rer Silverstone Silver all right.
Hey guys...does this sound like someone else we know who posts here about being at Chevrolet dealer every day?

Quick Reply: Color Keyed Mirrors