Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Dinged!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:11 PM

Angry Dinged!

Washed and waxed the Big Blue tonight. That's when I saw it...... A ding on my passenger's side back finder! Right on the crease where the fender bends back to the body! Bastages!!

I already had a small scratch on the driver's side back door that needs buffed out and now a ding on the fender on the opposite side.

I am not a happy camper.

The car looks pretty spiffy all shined up though.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:54 AM

I learned to park at an angle in 2 car spaces.. Be like a pickup.... use 2 at a time.

Found a dent in my new hood and a door ding after comming back from Austin.. Darn Minneapolis Airport parking. Some one parked so close I almost had to climb through from the pass seat. Hate flying out of there..
Old 05-28-2006, 08:04 AM

People have a bad habit of parking too close around here too.
I won't even go into the way they throw shopping carts around parking lots.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:29 PM

I'm not sure what parking lots looked like in the 40's... (That's when the median age group in my area was learning how to drive), but these people love to just bash other people's cars with their big Caddy doors. So I devised a plan: I'll park at the verrrrrry end of the lot, where there aren't any cars. Genius!

Well, no... When the croons see a car parked way out there, they (I guess) think that there's a good reason, and surround poor Shnog with their End-of-Life-Crisis mobiles! Sometimes, you just can't win!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tokyo
I'm not sure what parking lots looked like in the 40's... (That's when the median age group in my area was learning how to drive), but these people love to just bash other people's cars with their big Caddy doors. So I devised a plan: I'll park at the verrrrrry end of the lot, where there aren't any cars. Genius!

Well, no... When the croons see a car parked way out there, they (I guess) think that there's a good reason, and surround poor Shnog with their End-of-Life-Crisis mobiles! Sometimes, you just can't win!
When I got the car, I was parking out in the boonies to avoid other cars. After the wreck, I kind of fell out of the habit for some reason. Looks like I paid for it.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:23 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
I learned to park at an angle in 2 car spaces.. Be like a pickup.... use 2 at a time.
Parking like that here in Miami will surely get you a new stripe on the car....
A car length key scratch that is!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:10 AM

Got my ding removed this morning. Above right front tire. Five minutes and 20 bucks later all is good.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by MCANAW
Got my ding removed this morning. Above right front tire. Five minutes and 20 bucks later all is good.
A small ball hammer might be able to get the ding out but it needs a touch up as well. It went through the paint.