Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Door scripts installed today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:19 PM

I have a question: How did you trim that 3M tape so skinny to apply it to the back of the script? Or am I missing something simple here?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:02 PM

I laid the script down on one of the stickey sides of the double sided tape. The script was stuck to one side of the tape - the full width of the tape. The other side had the red cover on it. I then took a single edge razor and cut along the edge of the script cutting away the tape. Very slow, tedious work. Remember, the tape is already stuck to the script. I am just cutting away the "excess" tape around the script.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by MWG2
I laid the script down on one of the stickey sides of the double sided tape. The script was stuck to one side of the tape - the full width of the tape. The other side had the red cover on it. I then took a single edge razor and cut along the edge of the script cutting away the tape. Very slow, tedious work. Remember, the tape is already stuck to the script. I am just cutting away the "excess" tape around the script.

Hope this helps.
Lol! Smart! I figured I was missing something, I generally wind up doing things the hard way! Yeah I know that tape, I use it all the time. Why the adhesion promoter? I actually use that tape to hold on the velcro peices that hold my dash cover and it stays pretty good I think? I have actually ordered SS emblems for mine and wanted to put one on my dash where you put your script. These emblems already have the factory adhesive tape on them. Do you think I should heat the body panel and or dash and use the adhesion promoter like you did? Where can I pick up some of that?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:11 PM

The adhesive promoter does just what it says....promotes the adhesive to be stronger. You can purchase the Bull Dog Adhesive Promoter at Wal Mart and other stores. Also, you can buy it on-line at: http://www.levineautoparts.com/buladprom.html

YES, heat the items, it WILL promote a stronger, better bond.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by MWG2
The adhesive promoter does just what it says....promotes the adhesive to be stronger. You can purchase the Bull Dog Adhesive Promoter at Wal Mart and other stores. Also, you can buy it on-line at: http://www.levineautoparts.com/buladprom.html
Hope you didn't buy it from that place on line. I had to go check the can I have to see if it was the same stuff, yep. I paid under $5 maybe it was under $4 at walmart and this online place wants $19. They would be on my never buy from them list and be letting people know they are getting taken big time.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:24 AM

Lol! Thats cool I'll hit up my local Walmart. Thanks for all the info!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:03 PM

Very, Very Very nice, MWG2.

Now...get those pics of Car 11 and throw your hat in the ring for "Featured HHR of the Month"! You would sure have my vote.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 PM

I will throw Car 11 in the Featured section once the Hood ornament is installed and the new pin stripe is put on. THEN I will submit. THANKS for your support!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:08 PM

Looking good MWG !!
Keep "scriptin' ".
Old 02-22-2008, 07:12 PM

It wouldn't fit with my debadged look, but it looks really good on your HHR.

Quick Reply: Door scripts installed today...