Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

A few detail pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012 | 11:02 PM

A few detail pics

Finally got around to putting some pics in my gallery so I figured I'd share a couple of them. I'm not completely done with the HHR (nothing is ever 100% done), but I'm pretty close.

So without further ado...............

grill

dash and console

duals

front left

wheel
Old 04-17-2012 | 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Looks Good RR...

Also dig your sig hub centers !!! Nice touch..

What springs are U lowered on ??
Old 04-17-2012 | 11:24 PM

Thanks man!

Those centers are only temporary. I'm still waiting for new ones to be made. They are going to have the same logo underneath a hard Liquid Dome covering. When finished, it should look better and be better quality than even a factory part

I'm on the SS struts & shocks supported with Pedders springs
Old 04-17-2012 | 11:40 PM
Premium Member

The sweetness, nice work. I'd like a weekend to try them tires out!!
Old 04-18-2012 | 02:19 AM
Deceased

Spiff-O-Riffic!!!
Old 04-18-2012 | 04:44 AM

Nice job and attention to detail.
Love the carbon fiber. Any tricks to applying the carbon fiber, hair dryer etc.?
Old 04-18-2012 | 11:10 AM

The Carbon Fiber isn't a sticker or a wrap. You can never get that type of look out of those things.

I had it professionally done last year, along with a bunch of other parts.

Here is where I had it done: http://ezhydrographix.com/ourWork.html

Both the HHR and GTO folders are my parts
Old 04-18-2012 | 11:26 AM

Super nice brother! Love that grill! I'm guessing this is one of the aftermarket one's that I've seen that comes chrome and you had it painted? I've thought about doing this as well...figured I'd try the 3-bar mod this weekend first.
Old 04-18-2012 | 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
Super nice brother! Love that grill! I'm guessing this is one of the aftermarket one's that I've seen that comes chrome and you had it painted?
Thank you.

It's not an aftermarket grill. I made it myself.

I took a busted up factory grill that I found and cut the center bars out. From there I ground all the factory coating off (and removed the thin layer of copper) so my resins would have someting to bite into. Then I handlaid fiberglass matting and resin to form the sides how I liked it. After I finished all the 'glassing and final the prep work, I finally I brought it to my friend's shop so he could shoot some color

The reason I went through all that, is because I wanted a perfectly factory fitting and looking grill. I'm just to picky to put in one of those aftermarket grills. There is also no way I could just cut out the bars from the factory one and then have to look at those notches left over on the sides, from where the bars used to be
Old 04-18-2012 | 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
Thank you.

It's not an aftermarket grill. I made it myself.

I took a busted up factory grill that I found and cut the center bars out. From there I ground all the factory coating off (and removed the thin layer of copper) so my resins would have someting to bite into. Then I handlaid fiberglass matting and resin to form the sides how I liked it. After I finished all the 'glassing and final the prep work, I finally I brought it to my friend's shop so he could shoot some color

The reason I went through all that, is because I wanted a perfectly factory fitting and looking grill. I'm just to picky to put in one of those aftermarket grills. There is also no way I could just cut out the bars from the factory one and then have to look at those notches left over on the sides, from where the bars used to be
There's an aftermarket grill that looks very similar, but of course it comes in that ugly chrome. I'm going to hack on my grill this weekend...if I don't have success, I guess I'll be forced to buy aftermarket.

Quick Reply: A few detail pics