Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 PM

The "Premium Floor Mats" from GM, while nice, just didn't cover enough of the floor to suit my tastes. I got a set of Nifty Catch-All Premium mats, and they're awesome! They have upturned edges that protect more of the floor, and look good doing it. A pretty expensive set, but well worth the investment.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:56 AM

There was a problem with the early production premium carpeted mats, the resins and glues had a "canine fecal" odor that could not be removed from the mats. They made the interior smell HORRIBLE. All of the stock from that vendor had to be purged and mats from a different source are being used so there was a shortage for a while.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Low Tone
They're black....

Besides, if they get too nasty, I can just throw them out and get another set. They were only $16.00.
i thought you meant the heavy duty HHR rubber mats
they are dark grey and light grey and the light grey yellows slighlty
Old 05-30-2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by cj krause
i thought you meant the heavy duty HHR rubber mats
they are dark grey and light grey and the light grey yellows slighlty
Nope just generic Rubbermaid black floor mats. Yank 'em out and hose 'em down.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 PM

I bought a set of generic thick black mats from local store-$30 for front and rear. The front did not fit right, so I cut them down, then took them to a local rug store that put edging on for $10. Now, custom mats!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:55 PM

I waited about a month for mine. They offered me a set of standard mats and I agreed to take them if they included a check for $105 to cover the cost of the premium mats. A set of premiums 'appeared' shortly thereafter.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:06 PM

i got my premium mats 2 months after I got my HHR, when they handed them to me I laughed! I wanted the rubber ones, my thoughts THEY were premium compared to stitched carpet ones. I paid the difference and got the rubber ones, and to this day NOT A PROBLEM!! They still look brand spanking, they do get dirty but they get washed, and I have no dicoloring except for dirt, that gets cleaned anyways. I LOVE MY MATTS, and think they were worth the extra money, I still have the other ones incase these do go bad, and I got my HHR in AUg. 05.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:04 PM

Got mats yesterday (2 months and lots of calls later) and they are the cheap ones not the Premium ones. So this e-mail went out this morning to everybody with a address on there web site plus some at Lithia:

I, J. McAnaw, purchased a new 2006 HHR on April 21, 2006, from All American Chevrolet in San Angelo, TX. On the window sticker it states, "GM Accessories (DLR Installed) PREMIUM CARPETED FLOOR MATS $105.00 "

An All American Chevrolet employee told me that General Motors would ship the floor mats to me. After six weeks and many calls to All American and GM, I was told on June 12, that they would order them and ship them to me (again). The sales representative from All American Chevrolet must have been mislead like myself. On June 21, I received the Floor Mats - Front and Rear Carpet Replacements GM part # 15251064. These are NOT the Floor Mats that are stated on the window sticker - Front and Rear Premium Carpet GM part# 12499657 that features HHR logo. I called All American Chevrolet in San Angelo on June 21 and was told the Premium mats did not have HHR logo. As I have researched this matter and purchased the premium carpet floor mats on my own due to the tardiness of GM/All American, I know that the All American representative is wrong or has not been educated in the accessories of the new HHR’s. I was told he would check on it and call me back. Twenty-four hours later, still NO call.

This matter may seem like a small problem to you. As a paying customer to your company, I feel that I deserve to receive the floor mats that I paid for. I am not cultured in any form or fashion about customer service in the automobile selling business. However, I now know that customer service is not anything that you thrive to succeed in from the customer’s standpoint after the sell of an automobile from your company.

From what I have learned so far about All American Chevrolet, I do not expect to receive an email back from any of the people that this is addressed to. If you have gotten this far in this small letter from a PAYING CUSTOMER, I would like to thank you for taking a couple of minutes and reading this. I do understand that a personal reply would be out of the question, so I will call in a few more weeks to ask if I can receive what I paid for.
Your paying customer,

Got 6 emails and 2 phone calls today, maybe someday I'll get the wright mats.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:10 PM

My HHR also came with the cheap mats. I ordered a set through the service dept. and they look ten times better. I guess you can say that this was my first mod

Ng
Old 06-23-2006, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by MikeX
Are these different than the carpeted floor mats that come with the HHR normally? I hope so, because the carpeted floor mats I got were pretty cheap. I ordered the rubber ones ASAP.
$105.00 is probably what GM charges for the carpeted mats that come with the car no doubt. I had to have both of my sunvisors replaced a while back (Under Warranty) and the Service Advisor told me the cost was about $100.00 each!! He couldn't believe it himself! So the $105.00 for the floor mats is probably par for the course.

Quick Reply: Floor Mats