Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Front Liscences plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:06 AM

Front Liscences plate

When I got my HHR I told them not to put the front plate mount on. I was kinda wondering how most of them come, is the tag plate on or off when you get it and how many did not get one at all. Also if you had one on when you got it, did you shave it?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:14 AM

When I drove my car off the lot, it did not have a front license plate holder, but it was in where the spare tire is, along with the cargo net and velcro straps. However, when I was getting ready to get my license plates, I went to the dealer and asked them to put the front one on, as in Colorado we are required to have both front and rear plates and I didn't have the rivet gun to attach it myself. I realize they can be added without the rivet gun, but figured I'd let them do it instead.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:18 AM

Mine was already attached, as it is in CO, here in TX we are also required to have both front and back plates for our vehicles. Now if you don't have your front frame braket on yet, I would take this opportunity and set yourself up with a normal license plate frame instead of using that big bulky black plate holder.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:19 AM

didn't even think about the state requiring it. they dont in Florida
Old 07-03-2006, 10:20 AM

Well, lucky you then giving yourself a clean front bumper. Wish they'd do that here.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:05 AM

Here in Newfoundland a front plate is not issued, only a rear. So even though the HHR came with the front holder I did not need it. To be on the safe side, as I did with the dealer sticker, I specifically told the salesman to ensure that the front plate holder was not installed. I had visions of picking the vehicle up with an ugly dealership plate on the front, especailly since I was SOOO adamant they not put a sticker on.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:24 AM

Illinois requires that we run a front plate, what a waste of time, materials and tax resources...Illinois has possibly the most corrupt Secretary of State's Office in the nation...Check the license for cash scandal that has gotten our ex-governor convicted of racketeering. Sorry about straying a bit, mine came with the license plate mount already in place, using large rivets, your dealer should be able to pop it on if necessary.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Arizona does not require a front license plate. As such, dealers generally do not order them, if they are an option, and do not mount then unless requested by the purchaser.

That being said, I have a neat story about my car in California.

I was on my way back.......

You know, I'll take time and write this in the Dungeon. It's a classic "get even".
Old 07-03-2006, 03:16 PM

in kentucky we dont have front plates, so i have the holder sitting at the house, no holes in the front bumper here.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:12 PM

I got to my dealership just after the transport truck arrived and waited until they drove my HHR off the truck. The plate holder comes as Deb said, in the cargo area with the floor mats, the cigarette lighter, the cargo net, etc. The front plate is required in CA, but I told them not to put the bracket on. I have been driving with no front plate since September and plan on keeping it that way for as long as I can.

Quick Reply: Front Liscences plate