Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Halo Fog Lights found on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 PM

Halo Fog Lights found on eBay

I'm just curious if anyone has ever ordered these fog lights: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33709. If you did, are they decent? I am thinking about getting these; I sort of think the halo ring around the outside seems like it would be pretty cool. A few questions for anyone who thinks they know...... Are these HID's? Do you think they'd be brighter or darker than OEM? Do you think they would look like factory fog lights standing 5-10 feet away? Obviously, if you're right up close you might be able to tell differences, but do you think they'd stand out (like in a bad way)? I'm guess I'm just in need of a little guidance. Can you share your opinions/suggestions/recommendations about these? Do you other fog lights you'd recommend? I want to stay similar to factory fog lights, but I can go a little different, just nothing drastic I guess. How well they fit in the holes are my main concern; I want some that fit in there the same as factory ones. I definitely don't want any aftermarket, cheap-looking generic AutoZone ones. I'm not at all an expert when it comes to car stuff, so I appreciate your help in advance. Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 AM

They are hologen, not HID's

The 55watt bulb is brighter than the stock fogs (35watt I think)

They are smaller (4 3/8") than the stock 5" fogs.

They will not just snap into place, you would have to figure out how to mount the bracket.

They are just generic fog lights like you would buy at Auto Zone, although you could probably get them cheaper there, but you would miss out on the free $25 hat.....