Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Has Anyone Tried Out Caliper Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 PM

Ended up with Duplicolor instead. I have been using their products for about 30 years, so I figure that they might have something good to offer.

It applies in very thin coats, but I believe that it is by design. The 1st coat goes on like a stain, almost as a base between the metal surface and the subsequent coats. The second coat covers very well compared to the 1st coat, but there is still some streaks. Once the 3rd coat goes on, now we're talking. I mean that it was so solid that it reminded me of my old Beckett circulator pump on my furnace.

We did my son's Vic Red Cobalt first. We did the front calipers and the caliper brackets in red. On my Black HHR, we decided to do only the calipers in red and the caliper brackets in black. We used Duplicolor black caliper spray paint on the brackets. We only used about 1/2 of the paint in the kit for 6 calipers. We still have a good amount of brake cleaner left as well.

Time will tell regarding the resilience of the finish. I'll keep you posted...

Re the guy on e-bay with the caliper stickers, he shows an image of the Chevrolet Logo with the Bowtie, but when he sends them to you, he now leaves off the Bowtie. Something new/something less. Misleading at best. Not a good e-bay merchant and I wouldn't recommend him unless you don't care about the Bowtie. I really don't care either way, but they should not represent a product that is not what they send to a buyer.

HHR FRONT

HHR Rear

HHR w/Wheel

Cobalt Front

Cobalt w/Wheel

Our Deltas are now finished w/ red calipers
Old 06-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

Sharp, all about the details !!!