Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

HELP!!! Need Some Insight Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:30 AM

I bought a set of those once. But when I realized that I had to cut them to make them fit, I decided to spend a couple of extra bucks and get the ones that are made for the HHR. Only took about 15 minutes to install the ones that are made to fit. Not sure where I got them, but I think it was from GM Parts Direct.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:42 AM

Deb: The weather here is crummy today, and I will be going to work for 3:00. Tomorrow is looking better. I will take the pics and get them to you tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Deb: I posted 3 pics in my gallery. They are not the best but.......the fronts were not cut, they were just atteched using 2 included screws PLUS the screw that goes through the wheel well into the end of the running board. On the rear flaps they cut out around an area that protrudes into the well (I'm assuming it's the spare tire compartment). Attached with 4 screws. I did a rush job in between storms. And no, I didn't remove my wheels for a better view.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Thanks Firewatcher...that really helps. Doesn't look like it's going to be all that big of a deal. Now all I need is some cooperation from the weather.

Thanks again.

Last edited by courthousedeb; 11-28-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Deb: I posted 3 pics in my gallery. They are not the best but.......the fronts were not cut, they were just atteched using 2 included screws PLUS the screw that goes through the wheel well into the end of the running board. On the rear flaps they cut out around an area that protrudes into the well (I'm assuming it's the spare tire compartment). Attached with 4 screws. I did a rush job in between storms. And no, I didn't remove my wheels for a better view.
What happened to your boards? They look a little wavy in the middle....
Old 11-28-2007, 05:20 PM

The black tread on the driver's side is lifting in one spot. I know it has been mentioned here before. Anyone remember that and did anyone find a fix??

Deb: Anything for you!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:11 PM

Well...I talked to the dealer the first time they did it and they ended up replacing both the running boards. Since they come unpainted, that means having them painted and then reinstalled on the car.

Well...lo and behold 3 days later (yes, I said 3 days) they did the very same thing. Took it to the dealer and he said it was normal, but he would call GM and see what they said. Called me back and said there was nothing they could do, so I told him I'd be getting back to him.

When Smoke was in the shop when he broke down and had to be towed in, I mentioned it again. They said they couldn't get replacement pads because they weren't available by themselves, to which I replied, that's absurd and really not my problem...it's yours. My car looks like crap with these and had I just bought them new, instead of having them replaced under warranty, would you be telling me the same thing. The tech was speechless and said he would talk to his boss again and I haven't heard anything yet. I told them I was not going away, so they best figure out what to do and I would give them a couple weeks to do so. I even went so far as to tell them if they couldn't get the pads, if they would go halfers with me on the billett running board pads, I would go away...and if not, I wasn't going to just forget about it.

Told them...this car has less than 12,000 miles and I haven't had it quite 2 years, so I'm going to expect something to be done about it...you've been put on notice twice now. Also told the tech, if nothing was done, I'd be going up the food chain and that when I got my next survey, I would not be giving them positive comments like I had done in the past, because I wasn't getting the service I am entitled.

The head guy even went so far as to tell me that "it happens when a car sits out in the hot sun all day'. I said, "Gee that's funny, my HHR friends that live in AZ and FL don't have this problem, to which he replied, well they are at a lower altitude than we are and not as close to the sun. But I had a comeback for that too...I told them well gee than, how come all these HHR's you have in the lot that sit out in the hot sun don't have that problem. He said he thought some might, so I whipped out my digital camera and showed him pictures I had taken on a Sunday of all the HHR's with running boards and not a single one had that problem.

So...I'm cutting them a little slack for now, but will bring it up when I go in for my oil change (which they are doing for free, because I gave them a nice review last time). Like I told the tech...tell your boss I can be a real PITA if I have to...this is a new car and these pads are defective and I want them fixed or the new billett pads from truckshop.com. Told him tell his boss, all you have to do is split the cost of them and the ***** will go away.

BTW Firewatcher, would it be ok if I borrowed your pictures you have in the gallery and upload them to my photobucket so I can share them with others. If not, that's ok...just didn't want to use them without your permission.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:35 PM

My photos are yours (except the nudes). Feel free to help yourself, and others.