Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

I decided on a color, now I have a black mirror question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:10 PM

I decided on a color, now I have a black mirror question

Thanks to those who made suggestions to my question a couple of days ago about what color HHR to get. I think the subtlety of the Amethyst suits me and my personality best. I like the sport red (reminds me of what we used to call "Candy Apple Red", when I was putting together model cars in the early to mid '60s), BUT I'm not comfortable with the attention that bright colors bring. I know, this car will draw atttention but methinks Amethyst just suits me best.

Now, some people will think this is crazy, but I want the chrome package with black side view mirrors instead of chrome. My thought is that they become less of a distraction from the beautiful form of the car and blend in with tinted windows... which creates, to me, a cleaner overal design look.

My question is: Will it be a big deal to ask the dealer to put black mirrors on, either if I special order a car, or even to swap out or maybe paint them black for me?

SIHHR, thanks for your suggestion about considering my mod plans, or possible theme when thinking of color. That's what got me thinking about a solution to the chrome side view mirrors that I don't like.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:18 PM

Methinks you will have to paint the mirrors yourself.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:24 PM

LOL SoCal.... that's what I was afraid of. When I get to that point, I may refer to you for techinal advice on how best to do that.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Banned

I think it is going to be a big deal to the dealer because black mirrors only come on the LS but you can't get the chrome package on an LS. You can get a 1LT or 2LT with the chrome package but they don't have black mirrors. Like SoCal said you'll probably be painting them yourself.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:34 PM

Yet another reason we bought an LS. We wanted black mirrors. Of course, we bought a black HHR so the black went right along with it.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:40 PM

mirrors

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Methinks you will have to paint the mirrors yourself.
mike do you know if the chrome cover on the mirror will come off.? it looks like it might. i'd like to change out the door handles as well.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:00 PM

ok to answer all your questions it's is like $20 to get mirror caps I have ordered them and no problem or you can wait a little I got carbon fiber mirror caps made looks great something different!

thanks phillip
www.promotiontuning.com
Old 07-21-2006, 07:04 PM

where did you order them from...a dealer?

it would be great if someone can come up with color coded caps for mirrors and handles. flyhhr...get some of these made...I'll buy a set.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:07 PM

just to give you a idea what they look like http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...78_15_full.jpg

Thanks
phillip

www.promotiontuning.com
Old 07-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by flyhhr
mirror caps I have ordered them....
Where did you order them from for $20?

Quick Reply: I decided on a color, now I have a black mirror question