Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

I started my vinyl

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 09:01 AM

Straight shootin Capt! Cept I thought you would go with snake eyes on the dice! D'OH! Seriously, looking good bud!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

Thanks guys! I have to get some better daytime shots once all of this snow goes away again and I have my grills on. If only snake eyes were available! The 7 was part of the companies logo that I cut out and put to my own use.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I had a casualty! I lost the window banner.)
MAJOR bummer! Sorry to hear that CH.
I was hoping to see the pics of it on soon.

Better luck next time!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

I'll order another one off of you soon and put it on during the next heat wave. I wasn't too pissed, I wasn't thinking and I learned from my mistake. Next time I'll remember to clean all of the ice off of my blades so I don't do it again. At least it wasn't an expensive part or anything. I miss it already though because it looked really good with the side flames.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:13 PM

Banner

Why is this your fault, Howdy? Shouldn't the banner be made for installation on the INSIDE?!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Banned

All of the windshield banners I have ever seen are applied to the outside of the glass. It would be nice to have one from the inside but it wouldn't be as visible, the rear view mirror would be in the way of the installation, and the little dots on the inside of the glass would be visble over the vinyl from the outside of the vehicle. I feel it's my fault for not cleaning my blades and window better and not the fault of the decal, supplier, or my application methods. If I truely want to avoid doing it again i would just tint something into my front window but I can't think of anything good other than maybe a Chevy bowtie to each side of the mirror.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Coming soon, I will post, how I tinted Flames into my front windows and sunroof. This past weekend had it done, I stenciled out the design, it is cool & subtle!!! Just need to find time, take good pictures, right now weather crappy!!! I did a windshield strip, but decided against, any design there, but front windows and sunroof. The sunroof is more for when inside, kind of like having a custom headliner. Orginally thought you may see the desgin, when sunroof propt/tilted open, but that tint is pretty dark. If you like Hot Rod type flames, you may like.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Markiemark
Coming soon, I will post, how I tinted Flames into my front windows and sunroof. This past weekend had it done, I stenciled out the design, it is cool & subtle!!! Just need to find time, take good pictures, right now weather crappy!!! I did a windshield strip, but decided against, any design there, but front windows and sunroof. The sunroof is more for when inside, kind of like having a custom headliner. Orginally thought you may see the desgin, when sunroof propt/tilted open, but that tint is pretty dark. If you like Hot Rod type flames, you may like.
Did you use colored tint for the flames and then dark tint over the the flames afterwards? Or did you just tint in the flames and leave the rest of the window clear? A couple of skulls tinted into the front would be kind of cool. Maybe I should just tint something in.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:17 PM

The flames are a Bronze colored tint, and then had 20% put over. The bronze goes with my Sandstone HHR, but still really close too the 20% regular tint. At night, they are not really noticeable from outside, inside noticeable!! During the day, they are noticeable in some light and certain angles!! Most likelythis weekend will photo and share!!! I had saw a trick truck with 2 different % tints, done and thought it was a good idea. Found a decent tint person, at first she wanted to make the flames, had to slow here down, and told her I would make the template. I have many times seen some really (in my opinion) bad flames!!! When I came back with Hot Rod Style Flames Stencil, she said whoa "You really did makes some nice flames". Anyways, came out pretty cool!!! Played with stencil and design for about 4-5 hours.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Banned

Sounds cool! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Quick Reply: I started my vinyl