Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

LED brake light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:06 AM

LED brake light bulbs

I did a search and could not find the answer to my question.Does anyone make a LED bulb that has the required ballast built in? And does our HHR have the required electronic turn signal switch so the LED bulb will function properly?Thanks in advance for any input on this,HB
Old 03-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Chadpuska is working on the same thing right now over in the HowToGuide forum...
Old 03-17-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
I did a search and could not find the answer to my question.Does anyone make a LED bulb that has the required ballast built in? And does our HHR have the required electronic turn signal switch so the LED bulb will function properly?Thanks in advance for any input on this,HB
yea as far as i know it will work fine you just have to put those ballasts on so it doesnt blink fast, i found them at JC whitney i dont think they make em built in though.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by GCarp
Chadpuska is working on the same thing right now over in the HowToGuide forum...
Nope...still doesn't answer either of my questions.There must be someone who makes a replacement bulb that is just a bulb.And does our HHR require the turn signal flasher to be changed when you use a LED bulb?EDIT:found some with the current limiting resistors built in.Thanks guys...http://superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html
Old 03-17-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Nope...still doesn't answer either of my questions.There must be someone who makes a replacement bulb that is just a bulb.And does our HHR require the turn signal flasher to be changed when you use a LED bulb?
yea you can buy jus the bulb but you have to use the ballasts no matter what kind of led bulb you use, the have some at a parts store down here in ohio, they arent the spider lites though they have like 9 bulbs on them. The reason you have to put the ballasts on is because leds are low voltage and when our HHR detects low voltage it thinks the light is out so it blinks crazy fast. No you dont need to do anything with the signal flasher.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
yea you can buy jus the bulb but you have to use the ballasts no matter what kind of led bulb you use, the have some at a parts store down here in ohio, they arent the spider lites though they have like 9 bulbs on them. The reason you have to put the ballasts on is because leds are low voltage and when our HHR detects low voltage it thinks the light is out so it blinks crazy fast. No you dont need to do anything with the signal flasher.
Thanks Chad...I'll see how the ones that outfit that I gave the link to work out.I see they have the load resistors listed there as well.Hopefully I'll post the results in the how to section soon.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:14 PM

So which ones are you getting?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
So which ones are you getting?
I am going to try and get the 3057 and 3157 replacement bulbs for the front and rear turn signals I hope.The site I listed has the 3157 for the front but does not list the 3057 for the rear.I guess I'll keep searching.I just like the idea of a brighter light and faster on and off that the LEDs provide.I am also thinking of getting one of those electronic third brake light flashers as well.I have seen one of those in action and it really gets your attention when you see it. http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...6&dept_id=1384 Found some more on this site as well:http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Last edited by HonestBlues; 03-17-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:11 PM

I purchased the 3157 wedge Matrix II dual circuit (32 LED in red) and 6 ohm load equalizers to fix the fast flashing problem. You can find both at autolumination.com.

http://www.autolumination.com/
Old 03-18-2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by HHR PNOY
I purchased the 3157 wedge Matrix II dual circuit (32 LED in red) and 6 ohm load equalizers to fix the fast flashing problem. You can find both at autolumination.com.

http://www.autolumination.com/
do have pics of them id like to see them on

Quick Reply: LED brake light bulbs