Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Appearance/Modifications Discussions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/)
-   -   List your HHR's Mods! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/list-your-hhrs-mods-32805/)

MCVETT2 06-17-2012 11:02 PM

Just a few mod's

Just got a 2011 LT1 2.2 in Feb, 2012 and have done a few mod's.

1. Installed Buralwood dash kit,
2.Chrome wheel covers,
3. a little pinstriping,
4. HHR custom floor mats,
5. Chrome extaust tip,
6. body colored splash guards,
7. rear bumper pad,
8. American Flag decal on front bowtie. :usa:

plan on doing a chrome 3 bar grill & rear SS spoiler

Radco 03-03-2013 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by tracy waddell (Post 615691)
1)Stubby antenna

2)Tinted windows all around(except front)

3)Gold Line lowering springs

4)Billet aluminum pedals (one off's my design)

5)Billet aluminum side mirrors (one off's my design)

6)Aluminum air cleaner (one off's my design)

7)Aluminum expanded fuse box covers (my design)

8)Billet aluminum Radiator,Radiator overflow, Window washer,Oil and Brake caps. (Bought)

9) Custom floor and cargo floor mats (same color as car)

10)Custom suede and carbon fiber upholstered front rear seats (my design sewn by Downtown Willy)

11)Painted front and rear brakes (color of car)

12)Ground effect running boards, wrapped in Carbon fiber.(my design fabricated by myself and Downtown Willy

13) Functioning dual side exhaust

14)Rear aluminum expanded dual grille covers(my design)

15)Lower aluminum expanded grille (Collier Design)

16)Stainless expanded polished grille (bought)

17) Dual silver pinstriping around car

18)Pinstriped rear bow-tie

19)Pin striped air cleaner

20) Painted center waterfall and center console

21) Stainless steel door stills

22) Rear aluminum billet bumper cover

23)Aluminum radiator painted and pinstriped shroud (my design)

24) Pin striped hood

25) Soon to come complete upholstered in grey tweed to cover all plastic panels and new headliner.

I think that's it. Simple and clean but different.

SOme nice add ons.. Pics of the goodies you made would be cool as well as the interior trim kit :) No pics means it didnt really happen lol
Cool seeing people with skills making things for them selves. I see it alot on the MC Forums but not alot here.. Thanks

Rich

Radco 03-03-2013 10:24 AM

My few mods will be on soon, Have in hand but not time in hand :)
1:APS Lower Billet grill
2: Rear Bumper Pad
3:HHR Mud Flaps
4: Running Boards( just back from paint! The friggin paint job cost as much as the boards lol
more to come but now helping my daughter buhy a new car so $$$ will be shot for awhile :(. Daughter driving a newer / safer car worth it :)

F-16C 03-03-2013 10:36 AM

As of today:
Chrome tail light rings
Suede dash cover
Floor liners front and rear by Husky

Ordered but has not come in yet:
chrome 5-spoke wheelcovers
Wood grain dashkit

On the list:
Pinstriping
Rear spoiler
Chrome mirror covers
Have the seats recovered.

badassbowtie 03-03-2013 11:00 AM

I can't believe I have never replied to this thread....

PERFORMANCE
K&N Filter
Hahn Intercooler Piping
Autolite Iridium plugs
Trifecta Tune
Resonator delete

OTHER
Both chevy badges painted IBM
SS vinyls on front badge
Transformers autobot vinyl on the side doors
Transformers centercaps for rims
Gunmetal colored stock rims
Red Calipers
IBM painted waterfall and gearbox trim
Blue LED dome lights
Autobots iron on patches on headrests
smoked tail lights
smoked side markers

This list changes monthly, I can't keep the same look long:thumb:

Radco 03-03-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by F-16C (Post 694326)
As of today:
Chrome tail light rings
Suede dash cover
Floor liners front and rear by Husky

Ordered but has not come in yet:
chrome 5-spoke wheelcovers
Wood grain dashkit

On the list:
Pinstriping
Rear spoiler
Chrome mirror covers
Have the seats recovered.

Pics will be a must when done :) I to was thinking of the chrome mirror covers so I would like a close up pic of them if yo can,, But I am now thinking of stock chrome mirroros from a scrap yard as they avg 59$ each and may look better,same with the door handles. Found stock chrome handles areoun 160$ and after market complete around 75$/100$ on Ebay. But I am starting to like the non chrome upper 1/2 a bit better :) But then again I change my mind all the time :)

F-16C 03-03-2013 03:11 PM

I see your point. There are great condition part in junkyars and better on the wallet than buying new. The mirror cover I think is the way to go due to the mirrors are out in the airflow and could take a hit. If so I just buy a new set of covers and we are down the road. If I replace them with real chrome mirrrors and they take a hit, well then I have to replace the whole mirror. As far as the door handles go, I like the painted look and will stick to it. They seem to be easy to clean and polish and they blend with the car.

Radco 03-06-2013 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by F-16C (Post 694353)
I see your point. There are great condition part in junkyars and better on the wallet than buying new. The mirror cover I think is the way to go due to the mirrors are out in the airflow and could take a hit. If so I just buy a new set of covers and we are down the road. If I replace them with real chrome mirrrors and they take a hit, well then I have to replace the whole mirror. As far as the door handles go, I like the painted look and will stick to it. They seem to be easy to clean and polish and they blend with the car.

When you do the covers can you post a couple pics,Back,side, front? They would be the simplest way to go and 1/2 the price :) but not sure how they fit! Were you Prior AF? Crew Chief?
Rich

pwhall216 04-10-2013 07:31 AM

So I started painting my chrome to black, I've never really done any painting that mattered so I was nervous about it but so far the roof rack caps are done and today hopefully the mirror covers and grille. I was going to post pics but they're on my phone and I don't know how lol.

Also, should I put clear coat on? I used VHT epoxy flat black i don't know if clear coat is a must or not.

firemangeorge 04-10-2013 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by pwhall216 (Post 700001)
So I started painting my chrome to black, I've never really done any painting that mattered so I was nervous about it but so far the roof rack caps are done and today hopefully the mirror covers and grille. I was going to post pics but they're on my phone and I don't know how lol.

Also, should I put clear coat on? I used VHT epoxy flat black i don't know if clear coat is a must or not.

If you decide to clear coat, use a quality brand. The cheaper brand spray can choices will not hold up to the elements. Trust me, I know.:lol: