Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Mike Socals new Vent Visor and install- on a Nox and not an HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Deceased

Mike Socals new Vent Visor and install- on a Nox and not an HHR

well i talked Mike into ordering one for the wifes Nox. yep i took Mikes Cherry on ordering other than a HHR product and i begged him to do it and he did not want to but finally gave in. Mike is awesome. So are the vents. I think he felt sorry for my wife in this Texas heat. that is the story i am sticking to I am.

Got them in today and well the factory put 3 fronts and one rear,,,

Mike and i have this standing joke about orders going to me. i have always had this luck that some of the times nothing comes in right and the orders have been right but the website doesnt like my card. i am sitting here chuckling while i am writing this post.

the wrong factory packed vents and the cards are neither of Mikes mistake and he is awesome in fixing them.

to the vents, these things are GREAT. Read the instructions, put the front ones in and it took me maybe 5 minutes to do both. no tape, no cleaning on the front and all i can say is these are fricking fine. easy to install.

Installation
Open the window, put the mirror side in first so the vent rests against the door and the front of the vent is in the channel. take the back side and lower the top of the vent so it is 1/2 inch below the opening, slighlty bow it and slide it in the window channel. from front to back or left to right,,, gently ease it in the channel with a forward tucking motion. i then lighlty tapped it on the bottom of the vent from left to rightto really seat it. roll the window up and down 5 times and then up all the way and you are done.

looks awesome and the taper in the front makes the mirror fully visible. wife will give me a report tomorrow how it works but she loves the look and it is a nice tight fit and tight against the window for a barely there look. NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE n TIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTT. with a description like that you would think these vents were German,,,, nope dey from da outback.

here are full, bad garage pics

mods i have done on the Nox
tinted glass
3rd brake light
52 piece wood trim kit- Benevento
sunroof wind deflector
stainless front grille
hood bug deflector
sheepskin seat covers
now
window vents- Socals

these are awesome and believe me when tell you i had my doubts at first. i had put in some Wade and they totally suck. came out in less than 3 months. had to fit and just never seated right. so i really leary. i am not anymore

thanks again Mike for a great product,,,
Old 08-10-2006, 11:49 PM

Wow CJ! Thanks for the cool write-up...but don't think we're gonna start stocking 'Nox parts now...

Man...that is one bad @$$ looking Equinox!

(So hey, that 'Nox cat-back should be in any day now...)
Old 08-11-2006, 12:02 AM

HI CJ. Thanks for the SoCal vent visor update. The Nox looks busy! You like'em that way, and so do I!

I got some Lund vent visors from another internet company. They arrived broken, but I could not tell until I opened them as the top one looked fine but the second one was cracked

The folks at the other end of the phone spoke English, er differently
They said they had no confirmation of my having received the visors So I could not return them....
They would "Look into it".
My comeback should be, "OK, fine, then send me some!"

It may come to that, but I wsnt a refund. I hung up, wentt on line and ordered Mikes vent visors for the HHR. They arrived before I had read the confirmation email Mike Rocks!
I would have ordered Mike's at first, but he did not announce them until I had already ordered the Lunds.
Anyway, I still have to open them, but will get to it tomorrow. I gotta see if I got three the same as well If so, we could start a club.

The ones Mike sells look nice and come down to the mirror area as we know. These are the only ones I have seen which have that coverage.
Nice job Mike. Hey, can I get some for my Buick Rainier?

Cj, does the sunroof visor add/subtract noise? I've been thinking of one for the HHR, but am interested in feedback from someone whith experience.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Deceased

personally i think the Nox looks pissed but smiling at you.
personally i am not fond of bug deflectors but this one actually works and i really havent done much w the Nox. stock painted wheels- 17s and Bridgestone and i have been really happy w the wheels

the Benevento sunroof wind deflector works great.
i would recommend it to anyone
stops the buffeting w it open and they are easy to install. takes like 10 minutes
put it in place
there is a arm that goes under the edge and tightens down and it pulls the deflector down. too easy
the gasket on the deflector works great

you can get them all over so just shop for price. the wood dash kit and the deflector they make are tops and great products.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Deceased

Mike
wife says they are awesome and no noise whatsoever
cant wait to get the back installed
Carol thanks you very much
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
Mike
wife says they are awesome and no noise whatsoever
cant wait to get the back installed
Carol thanks you very much

I just put Mike's SoCal visors on and I am impressed. We did a hundred mile trip after and they seemed not to add any noise. I could not really play with the windows and check the buffeting as I had two wedding dresses laying over the back and little Katy sitting in the back seat as well. I'll try for anti-buffeting tomorrow.
My wife does not like them as she feels they compromise visibility. I can see her point a bit, but will leave them on for now as they do serve some good purposes. Though I do wish the rears actually went the whole length of the window area including the non-opening portion.

Other than that the style looks great.
The build is great.
The install is quick and solid.

They are much better built then the Lunds I got which came broken
Still trying to get a refund from THAT vendor

THe SoCal one's came through just fine and way too quickly!
Mike, you are a great vendor. Keep up the good work
Old 10-31-2006, 08:33 PM

Will there be any issues installing the SoCal Vent Visors in cool or cold weather?

I have been instructed to purchase said visors but would like to know if I am going to have issues if I install them in cool/cold weather?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:11 AM

I caint see the pics!~
Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 AM

he has his own fourm now!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:46 AM

yep as I see