Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Which mods do you consider tacky?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM

So, really does this thread have any point other than to make people feel bad for what they've done to their car?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 PM

It's mainly that kind of thread where people, express opinions. If not taking direct aim at anyone in particular, you shouldn't feel bad.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Well I'm not talking about myself here, I don't give a flying you know what about what other people think. I just don't see any good coming from this thread.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:23 PM

Again, as long as people take it for what it is, opinion, then it should be all fine and dandy.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Mud Flaps "loderas". after the stuby one it s the first thing I did Driving behind a truck that doesn't have them is a pet peeve for me and it's actually a law here where it rains so much !!
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM

I'm jealous, I was supposed to be ordering a set this week with my birthday money! Unfortunately my brakes decided...it was time.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Well I'm not talking about myself here, I don't give a flying you know what about what other people think. I just don't see any good coming from this thread.
Depends mainly on your view point. This is just an opinion thread as Judge sez. In my case, probably I have some "tacky" mods... but guess what... I donīt care if some body donīt like it! When I purchased my hhr, several people said me that it is a hearse car, a gay car (pt crusier), but really, I donīt care...

Donīt worry, be happy...
Old 02-16-2011, 06:55 PM

In a normal thread, if I don't have anything nice to say, I won't say anything at all, but since this thread is a "general" type of thing and not directed at any one individual, I'll give some input. My list isn't HHR specific, it's just my thoughts on all cars in general

I think ANYTHING stick-on (vents, hoodscoops, windshield banners, vinyl stripes/graphics, fake carbon fiber/woodgrain, fake chrome) is pretty ricer

plastic "billet" is a bit ghetto.

"Lambo" doors and underbody lights belong on cars that use cheap bodykits and fartcan mufflers, and it still looks bad on them. Hell, Lamborghinis don't really even use those doors anymore

My list could go on and on. These are just off the top of my head, without having to think about it. Granted, there are exceptions to almost anything listed, but it takes a lot of thought to pull any of it off properly, if at all
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM

I think its good to "hear" other peeps opinons on looks.....if you always only hear "good" things..how do you know where to stop , or change direction? And if it upsets you to have somebody knock your stuff, maybe you need to rethink things because you can't have the good without the bad....its a cake thing.
Me..too much gaps in the wheel wells....tires that stick out....fart cans...goofy stickers on the back window....( u know. dad mom kids pets)..cookie cutters
Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 PM

Anyone who alters the appearance of a car, especially a HHR, should have to wear a dress and be locked in a maximum sercurity prison in which all the gaurds have been given a comp day!

Stock, completely stock, is the ONLY way a car should ever be!

Quick Reply: Which mods do you consider tacky?