Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Which mods do you consider tacky?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
bull nads hanging from a trailer hitch.
As I understand it, those bull body parts were originally meant for fast cars to show they had b#lls. If so, they really don't belong on our HHR's (unless somebody shoehorned a SBC in it).

As for sticker portholes, I never cared for anything phony (like those non-functional hood scoops or side vents). BUTTTTT the HHR looks old fashioned enough that they really fit the style. And when I saw them on closeout at a local store for 10 bucks, I had no choice. In reality, I would love to make functional ones to help circulate some air in there, but with the way the hood fits and the lip around the engine compartment it would be very difficult and expensive to do.

And although I have vinyl on my car, I don't really like it-cheap substitute for paint. But I have an excuse-a good friend was playing with his new machine and so I got mine really cheap. But they are coming off as soon as the weather softens them.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM

It's all good . Too each his own .

Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Anyone who alters the appearance of a car, especially a HHR, should have to wear a dress and be locked in a maximum sercurity prison in which all the gaurds have been given a comp day!

Stock, completely stock, is the ONLY way a car should ever be!
Have you looked in your driveway recently?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
It's all good . Too each his own .

Old 02-17-2011, 12:00 AM

I too will reserve my comments on this thread[against my better judgement].
Too much room for some rather nasty pointed comments, and lots of different opinions.
Someone had to be really bored, or smoking too much of the crop, to start a thread like this. They should have thier nads removed with a dull knife. "Moon"
Old 02-17-2011, 12:07 AM

They should have thier nads removed with a dull knife. "Moon"

Hang THAT sack!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by 843de

Those chrome plated plastic stick on Buick style fender porthole vents. Sorry to those who have them, but if you really want Ventiports on your ride, buy yourself a Buick.

Please accept my apology Silver Bullett! If they're done right like yours they look really good.

We guess no bull nads hanging from a trailer hitch for you Mike? .....

For us we applaud all mods, wether we personally like them or not! Usually a modded HHR means that owner at least cares somewhat about there car as more than just a mode of transportation! We get alot of negative comments that our HHR looks like a stock HHR! For us we like it that way .....

Happy Modding to All ,
Old 02-17-2011, 02:01 AM

Honestly... about 50% of the mods people do to their vechicles are tacky.

Guys with the chrome door handles, and anything that is stick on chrome everywhere they can get it, like they thru the jcwhitney catalog at it. TACKY!

Too much in themes. TACKY!

The list is endless or at least as long as any bolt on catalog. Honestly, there is a great deal of tacky mods on this site. I don't say it, because different strokes for different folks and afterall it's not my car. I tend to just not say anything at all if I don't like their HHR mod. But I have never been one to shy away from this point. There are a bunch of guys here that do some killer mods, and I'll be sure to tell them too. Oh well... the worse the other guys mods look, the better my car looks.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 AM

This is one of those threads that can derail at any time, depending on sensitivity levels, but I've always been one to subscribe to the "whatever makes you happy" mantra, so regardless of anyone else's opinion, as long as YOU like your ride, that's all that counts. Hell, a lot of people don't even like HHRs to begin with.

I've always hated fake badging.

Though I'm not a big fan of a non-SS HHR getting SS body parts, when I had my '01 NB, I did put a Turbo S front bumper on my NB even though it was NOT a Turbo S (though it was a turbo), so to from a derogatory opinion about a non-SS HHR getting SS body affects would be hyprocritical on my part.

Not a big fan of anything stick-on or bolt-on, like non-functional hood scoops.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 AM

Please accept my apology Silver Bullett, it was nothing personal against you or anybody else here. If they're done right like yours they look really good, but to see them stuck on a Ford Aerostar minivan, or a Civic, just makes me queasy. I guess my ardor was misplaced, and I'm sorry for any hurt feelings I may have caused.
Didn't hurt my feelings at all. Takes more than that to hurt my feelings. Sometimes my bride says I don't have any anyway!

Quick Reply: Which mods do you consider tacky?