Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Which mods do you consider tacky?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Banned

Well lets see here. Tacky mods to me are ones that serve no purpose.... end of story
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Devils950003
This is one of those threads that can derail at any time, depending on sensitivity levels, but I've always been one to subscribe to the "whatever makes you happy" mantra, so regardless of anyone else's opinion, as long as YOU like your ride, that's all that counts. Hell, a lot of people don't even like HHRs to begin with.

I've always hated fake badging.

Though I'm not a big fan of a non-SS HHR getting SS body parts, when I had my '01 NB, I did put a Turbo S front bumper on my NB even though it was NOT a Turbo S (though it was a turbo), so to from a derogatory opinion about a non-SS HHR getting SS body affects would be hyprocritical on my part.

Not a big fan of anything stick-on or bolt-on, like non-functional hood scoops.
So tell me how to make this one functional I just like looking at it and chevy should have put it there in the first place. It's on my short list,coming soon to a HHR near you !!

At least my dual exhaust is functional Stereo !!
Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM

I love cars, having worked on and raced them since I was 15 years old. And I tend to modify everything I own (computers, my kids bikes, etc). I never like to replace anything with a factory part. I believe if I am going to the time, trouble, and expense to change something I want the result to be better than it was before. That said, I also look at cars as being a tool with function being the main priority. Practically everything I have done to my HHR, including the interior mods (added bike cage bottle holder under dash, concealed GPS, stereo system) is done to make a things more convenient for me or to make the car perform better. (I really had a hard time justifying my stick on portholes-they go against my principals).

As for chrome and carbon fiber overlays, I believe they are a waste of money. If you like the look, get the entire part.

SS-I like your exhaust. I did something similar, only I have the Y pipe before the muffler and a cap on the passenger side, so it works like lake pipes or a cut out. I love the hood on the red HHR. I wonder if the scoop is bonded to the metal hood or all fiberglass.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by moonsign
I too will reserve my comments on this thread[against my better judgement].
Too much room for some rather nasty pointed comments, and lots of different opinions.
Someone had to be really bored, or smoking too much of the crop, to start a thread like this. They should have thier nads removed with a dull knife. "Moon"
And there you go. That is exactly why threads like this get de-railed. You are directing specifically, even if you say someone.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 AM

Tacky? Poor workmanship. I've seen bad ideals executed with skill and it didn't look bad. What's even more frustrating is seeing a good idea executed poorly.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Father Azmodius
Tacky? Poor workmanship. I've seen bad ideals executed with skill and it didn't look bad. What's even more frustrating is seeing a good idea executed poorly.
Agree.

I think everyone has there own things they like, but if you do it right still can look good to most people even if it is not there style.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM

Just my 2 cents:

Side vents
I think the Audi Style strip LED lights are played out
I'm old school so underbody 'Neon'
Lambos

But I am going to get me a set of gnat testicles to hang from the trailer hitch. I am not trying to compensate for a lack of my manhood. :)

But to each their own.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Premium Member

SS-I like your exhaust. I did something similar, only I have the Y pipe before the muffler and a cap on the passenger side, so it works like lake pipes or a cut out. I love the hood on the red HHR. I wonder if the scoop is bonded to the metal hood or all fiberglass.
Lee3333 I got ahold of him its steel welded in beautiful he did it when a deer took out his old hood I tried to get the same piece from the same place but they sent it to him by accident and say they don't have one so that makes his even better it's a one off thats what I like when your is the only one.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 AM

I have done a few things to my two wheeled toy that are polarizing and not for everyone, but have been done the right way (not by me because my leather and sewing skills suck). It's all about personalizing your ride.

Name:  bike1721.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  48.8 KB
Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Premium Member

Thats some fancy stichwitchery cool

Quick Reply: Which mods do you consider tacky?