Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

My evil blue little friend

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:53 PM

Now you can name the 4 tire skulls Klatuu, Verata, Nekto, and Ash!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
Now you can name the 4 tire skulls Klatuu, Verata, Nekto, and Ash!
Good one!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:24 PM

Lightbulb

CH... here's an idea for you:

If you look at the door lock pin... Cut it off just below the tapered part. The main diameter is about 5/16". Mask about 1/4" below the new top. Sand the upper part to break the plastic plating. Take your favorite valve stem skull, also about 5/16" I.D., test fit it, then put some good epoxy inside and put it on the lock pin. You should be good to go!!

(Not that I'd ever do that!! )
Old 03-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeR
CH... here's an idea for you:

If you look at the door lock pin... Cut it off just below the tapered part. The main diameter is about 5/16". Mask about 1/4" below the new top. Sand the upper part to break the plastic plating. Take your favorite valve stem skull, also about 5/16" I.D., test fit it, then put some good epoxy inside and put it on the lock pin. You should be good to go!!

(Not that I'd ever do that!! )
That is a very good idea. I'll pick up a pack of them tomorrow and see if it can be done. I'm still on a quest for skull license plate bolts do I'll try a few more parts stores tomorrow. For now I put on some locking spike ones because those cheap plastic caps I had were ugly. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:31 PM

Do you mean epoxing the skull caps on to the rod for locking the doors? If you do, you wont beable to remove the door panal since they wont fit through the hole. Better to cut the rod in the middle of the door and use a threaded rod of the correct size and length to fit up top, and epoxy it to the standard HHR rod with a coupler. Get the right size for the new rod, then drill it out to go over the stock rod, and it should work. Then, you can thread the skull on top and it will be removable.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned

I never even thought about that. Your idea is kind of like my original idea. :)
Old 03-05-2006, 09:41 PM

Great minds think alike. The truth is, I wish it had door locks in the panal like other new cars, for a cleaner look and no obsticles tor resting my arm with the window down. That said, there is no real need for them with the electric locks, so I am thinking about cutting the rod down so they are almost flush with the door panal when locked. Now that would give it a clean look! :)
Old 03-05-2006, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
No, I didn't have plans of it. But I do have these:

Now if I could just come up with a good way to change the door locks to skulls. I also need to go to a few other part stores around here to find skull license plate bolts. I could mail order them but I don't see the point for a few bolts. I'm sure there are some here in Rochester.
Doy you have a Murrays out there Capt? That's where I got mine from (LP Bolts)...love the the glow skull. I am a big skull man myself, drives lady fenrir crazy!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Banned

I just said screw it and ordered some. I saw a set of skull valve stem caps that I like better and some other cool skulls so why not. I can wait a couple of days for them I guess. The skulls face out on the next set of valve stem caps because the threads are in the back. I also ordered four license plate bolts, 4 door lock skulls to play around with, a skull decal for the front window, and a set of skull pedal covers.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:02 AM

Here's the trick Howdy:

Take your new skully knobs and ream them out with a drill bit until they fit loosely over the HHRs funky rod. Next shoot a bead of silicon seal inside the knob shaft and slide them down onto the rod (the silicon seal will lock onto the rods ridges.).
Once they dry - viola' instant secure knobs!

*Note: This is the only way to make aftermarket knobs fit the rods AND have adjustability to position them at the exact angle you want. If you try to make then fit the rod, they will inevitably "snug up" at the wrong angle.

Hope it helps,

Quick Reply: My evil blue little friend