Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Need spoiler ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007 | 11:45 PM

Need spoiler ideas

I just took off my factory rear spoiler to see how the car would look without it. I never wanted it, (nor the roof racks) but the car came with them. I assumed they were factory installed, but now I believe they were both done by the dealer. Several months ago, I attempted to remove my roof racks but was stymied when one of the rivet nuts spun, making it impossible to remove the bolt. I think the factory would have had it in tight. Now, I just took off my rear wing and found these messy holes. I think the car has much cleaner lines without it, plus washing and waxing will be much easier. But what to do with those holes. I could have them patched when I bring the car in for other body work (including the hole where the antenna was) but perhaps I could find a more sublte spoiler that is flat on the car and not a wing-like the cars from the 60's had. Just a small lip. It could even be something custom molded in.
Any ideas???

Here is what I have to cover!

Note the top hole is oblong-I guess they missed

Perhaps the installer had a rough night.

The first 2 holes they drilled were both off. Apparantly they missed again
Old 07-16-2007 | 12:25 AM

check out this and other threads under Appearance Discussions
Hope it helps...come back with pics when you get one on there
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...light=spoilers
Old 07-16-2007 | 04:40 AM

LEE3333, I think what you want is the Southern Comfort spoiler part no. SCC-103253. It is a lip spoiler.
Old 07-16-2007 | 04:52 AM

BTW< if you post the factory spoiler for sale here, I'm sure you could get most of the money to buy a new one that you like. If you'd like to sell the roof rack, I might be interested in it.
Old 07-16-2007 | 08:10 AM

I like the SC Lip but I think it need's to go out futher from the back, just my idea tho...
Old 07-16-2007 | 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lee3333
I just took off my factory rear spoiler to see how the car would look without it. I never wanted it, (nor the roof racks) but the car came with them. I assumed they were factory installed, but now I believe they were both done by the dealer. Several months ago, I attempted to remove my roof racks but was stymied when one of the rivet nuts spun, making it impossible to remove the bolt. I think the factory would have had it in tight. Now, I just took off my rear wing and found these messy holes. I think the car has much cleaner lines without it, plus washing and waxing will be much easier. But what to do with those holes. I could have them patched when I bring the car in for other body work (including the hole where the antenna was) but perhaps I could find a more sublte spoiler that is flat on the car and not a wing-like the cars from the 60's had. Just a small lip. It could even be something custom molded in.
Any ideas???

Here is what I have to cover!

Note the top hole is oblong-I guess they missed

Perhaps the installer had a rough night.

The first 2 holes they drilled were both off. Apparantly they missed again

Also.. those holes aren't properly treated.... where's the primer/paint touch up ? I can see rust forming after a while, then that spoiler will launching off to the vehicle behind you in a few years...
Old 07-16-2007 | 08:25 AM

Chevy HHR Premier Spoiler

Lee, I added the Chevy HHR Premier Spoiler.

PM me if you have any questions. Rod
Old 07-16-2007 | 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

Hmmmm curious.....

I thought spoilers were factory installed. Guess not. That's pretty sloppy work coming from an assembly line. Especially when they would have some type of locating jig to bore the holes. Also sloppy of a dealer....but I guess that is expected (by me).
Old 07-16-2007 | 07:51 PM

Southern Comfort

Preimere edition spoiler

Old 07-17-2007 | 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by terry44030
LEE3333, I think what you want is the Southern Comfort spoiler part no. SCC-103253. It is a lip spoiler.
How much are the SC spoilers?

Quick Reply: Need spoiler ideas