Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

New Audi Style Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Thumbs up New Audi Style Lights...

Name:  100_4254.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  104.3 KBI finally added my Audi style light strips. Looks great and was an extremely easy install. This took about 35 minutes and only cost me a huge $20. Check them out. Warning: do not buy these on Ebay. Those are horribly made and will break while installing. These are from Wal-Mart believe it or not, and they are awesome.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Premium Member

hey those look good how did you get them in there so quickly
Old 11-14-2010, 09:02 AM

These are actually a side glow LED strip that adheres to the underside of your headlight rather than putting them inside your headlight. And to be honest, I didn't even actually used the adhesive. The light strips are thick enough that they are tightly pinched between the lip of the bumper and the bottom of the headlight with no room to move. I just used a screwdriver to gently pry down the flexible bumper and wet the strip a little and slid it in between the two. I then wired them to the side marker light so they automatically come on, or you can just turn on the park lights and run them without the headlights. Pretty simple and looks great. During the day when they are not on they are invisible, even if you know that they are there.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Banned

Could you provide a link???
Old 11-14-2010, 10:54 AM

Here is a link to the ones that are made by StreetGlow. http://www.streetglow.com/Catalog/Xt...ble-LED-Strips
Of course these are more expensive than the ones that I purchased at Walmart, but they are basically the same thing. You can buy these at AutoZone as well for around $25. Installation is a breeze, but be careful not to bend the strip at sharp angles and DO NOT stretch them as they will disconnect some of the LED's.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Banned

Can you do a how to on how to install these please?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:39 PM

Underside eh? Now thats cool....have to look into that...
Old 11-14-2010, 05:43 PM

I've seen them at pep boys 19 bucks for a 12" strip . I was looking at them and wondered how they would look ?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 PM

I like!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:39 PM

Thumbs up How To...

These are too simple to waste time on writing a thorough how to for but I will sum it up here.

Once you have purchased the strips, which come in different lengths and colors, cut to the desired length. The ones I used were 12" in white from WalMart, but you can also find then at auto parts stores. Prices range from 17.00 to 34.00 depending on the brand.

Once you have the strips at the desired length, feed the wire into the gap between the bumper and the headlight and pull it through until the LED strip is up to the headlight. You should be able to reach in from front of the car near the radiator and reach the wire you are feeding into the gap. NOTE: depending on the brand you purchase, you may end up with two identical strips rather than one marked left/right. If this is the case, you will be able to reach one from the front, and have to go in through the wheel well to reach the other as it will be on the outside of the car. Looks wise, you won't be able to tell the difference.

After feeding the wire into the gap, simply slide the light strip in between the bumper and the bottom side of the headlight lens. After failing at installing the cheaper ones from ebay, I opted not to peel the backing off of the adhesive as it makes installing these more difficult. You may need to take a screwdriver and gently pry down on the bumper to create a larger space to slide the strip into as it fits really snug.

Once you have slipped the entire light strip into underneath the headlight, go in through the wheel well and wire to the side marker light. The side marker lights are only on when you either have your headlights on, or you parking lights on. This allows you to have these on automatically at night, or during the day as DRL's by turning on your parking lights.

That's it. Feed the wire in, slide the strip into place, wire to side marker lights. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.

Quick Reply: New Audi Style Lights...