Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

New Audi Style Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 02:16 PM

Talking

Here is a pic of the lights with just the parking lights on in the daytime. They are not as visible, but still look good. I am also looking at a better way of wiring them in too. I never thought about the splicers not holding up against the weather...thanks for the tip.Name:  100_4259.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  154.6 KB
Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daddy2isaiah04
Here is a pic of the lights with just the parking lights on in the daytime. They are not as visible, but still look good. I am also looking at a better way of wiring them in too. I never thought about the splicers not holding up against the weather...thanks for the tip.
Personally, I think they would look better if the LED's were a bit bigger and more of them. It looks sweet at night, but I would wanna run these during the day, and having 8-9 led's is small. I'd rather have 16-18 led's.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:54 PM

Thumbs up

I agree, I wish there were more LEDs too, but without removing the headlights and cracking them open, and wiring in myself, this is the only way I could achieve the look that I wanted. The pics aren't really that good, because they actually glow a lot brighter than the pic looks. They are very visible in the daytime and pic makes them look pretty dim. And honestly, for the $17 that I have in these, they are unbelievable!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Premium Member

i like them in fact till some one offers a full replacement with hi/lo hid 8000 with angle eyes and a lower led strip here's what I think thanks for the tip
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 PM

Well, today it rained for the first time since I installed these new lights, and I am no longer worried about the way I wired it with the scotch locks. I drove for almost 3 straight hours in the pouring rain with the lights on and had no troubles. Just thought I would let everyone know since how they were wired was a side topic on this post. Also wanted everyone to know that these are awesome. Not many people around here have anything like these on their cars and it turns heads. I am really pleased with the results, especially when considering the cost that I have in them.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 PM

I call , First one to mention going all the way around the headlight. I think it might look sweet on the BAT RIDE
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 PM

That would look pretty cool! I wonder how difficult it would be though...
Old 11-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Premium Member

Think I saw some longer ones at auto zone dont think theres enough space at the top of light was surprised to see the blue affect at the top of light goes nice with the blue short bus
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by daddy2isaiah04
Well, today it rained for the first time since I installed these new lights, and I am no longer worried about the way I wired it with the scotch locks. I drove for almost 3 straight hours in the pouring rain with the lights on and had no troubles....
The problem that may have been implied is in the future. Back in the day, before quick harnesses were readily available, ScotchLock connectors were very commonly used to add trailer light connections to the rear bumper of pickup trucks.
Over time, the metal inner-portion of the Scotchlock would start to corrode or oxidize where it made contact with the wire and eventually become an intermittant connection...making the lights blink as they went down the road...and usually stay lit when sitting still.

You might not have an issue EVER, but then again you may have issues 6 months from now...and unless someone is driving in front of you looking in the mirror, you may never realize.

Just a thought and NOT trying to nit-pick your work (pretty clever install actually)

But they DO look cool as everything. I just haven't had time to go by the store and get some for ME!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 AM

You could also use some electrical grease to protect the quick connectors. But a good solder is better, but not always possible depending on the room you have to work with. That area behind the lights is very tight. I remember when I installed my running board lights.

I might look into these, but I think I would want them to come on with my DRL since the 06 uses the amber lights instead of the headlights.

Quick Reply: New Audi Style Lights...