Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

New Billet Grille.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:21 PM

Thumbs up New Billet Grille.

Received my new Stull billet grille today.
I read about some of you having problems with the supplier I chose, but his price was a full $40+ cheaper than any one else out there, that I found.
It was shipped directly from Stull warehouse, very nice unit.
I had read about some whom had taken a chance with the imitation unit and were far from satisfied, this is a nice unit, well built.
Instructions don't seem out of my relm, project for tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 AM

Where did you order it from? Did you get both upper and lower?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 AM

The Stull website amazes me. They are in business to sell accessories based on what it looks like and they don't even have pictures of most of their stuff... or prices that I could find. They must do a great deal of wholesale business to get away with such abysmal marketing.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 AM

I bought both upper and lower from Car Parts Discount.
He has both Stull and an "imitation" that he has built "over seas". I've read here on the forum the imitation is no where near the same unit.
I tried desperately to find a Stull unit that did not require cutting my stock grille, even got a part number from Stull for that unit (6303-C) and they told me to go to stullrods.com to see a picture of it........no picture. I found, as typical, the price from the manufacturer is by far out of reach from what you can get it from a vendor. I've dealt with HHR Boutique and have been fairly satisfied but they also order from sources that then ship from their warehouses. I ordered tail light SS trim and it will be over two weeks before I receive them (shipped from Florida, 8 days transit) but they are VERY responsive to inquiries. I'll let you know how the install goes.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the info. Let me know how the install goes. I like that one because it has the frame around it, but am hesitant to hack up my grill!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tikker
I bought both upper and lower from Car Parts Discount.
He has both Stull and an "imitation" that he has built "over seas". I've read here on the forum the imitation is no where near the same unit.
I tried desperately to find a Stull unit that did not require cutting my stock grille, even got a part number from Stull for that unit (6303-C) and they told me to go to stullrods.com to see a picture of it........no picture. I found, as typical, the price from the manufacturer is by far out of reach from what you can get it from a vendor. I've dealt with HHR Boutique and have been fairly satisfied but they also order from sources that then ship from their warehouses. I ordered tail light SS trim and it will be over two weeks before I receive them (shipped from Florida, 8 days transit) but they are VERY responsive to inquiries. I'll let you know how the install goes.
Was their part number 5073 for $196.95?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 AM

Yes, same price and part #.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Installed the Billet grille today.
A little tougher than I expected.
They say to cut the existing grille with a hacksaw blade..........wouldn't even touch it.
I ended up using my 4" hand grinder and then "sanding" down to desired profile with my bench grinder. Only one small "blemish".
Not real happy with the adhesive tape process to fasten the verticle legs of the remaining shell, will probably look into getting a couple long SS screws and putting a more permanent fix for that.
All in all I'm happy with the change.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tikker
Installed the Billet grille today.
We want pics
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Pictures of grille.

I'll work on some pictures today.
I see HHR Boutique now has the 1 piece "no cut" Stull grille, $50 more than the "cut your stock grille" model.
Same final appearance.
The Stull part number for the "no cut" model is 6303-C.
Would pay to go to Car Parts Discount web site and contact him to see if he is handleing that one yet.

Quick Reply: New Billet Grille.