Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Oh sht Handles, drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Oh sht Handles, drivers seat

Hey folks, two things...! I need to lower the front drivers seat. At 6' I'd like to pick up an extra couple inches so I'm not looking through the visor to see the road. I looked at teh seat attachemtns and I don't think I can lower the entire seat with out major welding and redesign. So I was wondering if any one has "shaved" the foam on the seat to get a slightly lower seating height?

Second. Oh sht handles..... did any HHR come with them? Ie is there a place under the head liner to mount them? or am I SOL

Marc
Old 05-09-2010, 05:18 PM

The way I got extra headroom was to swap the seats out for some Corbeau ones. No one makes brackets, so I had to fab some up, which worked out because I was able to tweak the set up a few times, and I think I finally have them perfect. As far as the stock seats though, good luck.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Do you have the manual or power seats?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 AM

I have the power seats. it looks like I could do some work on the front mount to get it lowered. but the rear mount has me scratching my head...

This car won't be a track car, but a everyday commuter. and I do like the stock seats (even more so when I get heat in em..) not really interested in dropping moneyon new seats...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:07 AM

I had more than a few from the boards interested in my stock seats. I have a sunroof and the stockers just wouldn't go low enough. The money I got from selling them made buying new ones less painfull. I no longer have tilt, or power, but I am lower and can slide them farther back. I'm only 6', but I like to sit relatively square if I'm driving in a spirited fashion. Mine is a DD and they make a world of difference. The stock brackets don't leave much room for modification either. Let me know if you want to meet up to get a look at mine. The brackets aren't pretty yet, I'm still tweaking the seating position, but it'll give you an idea of what is involved in the change vs modifying the stock ones.

Last edited by Father Azmodius; 05-10-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Fat fingered iPod spelling correction
Old 05-10-2010, 11:16 AM

I'd love to look at em, but it would be to look I don't see myself buying any even like you said taking out the stockers and selling to offset the out going money. As it is I had to pull money from a CD plus the money from my totaled car to get into the HHR Mod money isn't high on the list right now...

FA- do yous till have your stock USB radio....or are you considering upgrading and want to sell your stock one...

I live in Reston and Work in Georgetown...